Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Yet another low idle thread

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
ThatGuy
Trc Off

Yet another low idle thread

Postby ThatGuy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:45 pm

My altezza has done this for as long as I van remember and it did go away for a while, but I had my car off the road for a while and ita come back.
I've been through literally every thread I've found on here and the NZ site but I've never come across a definitive answer.
So my question is does anyone know what actually causes this or how to solve it?
Mine isn't getting to the point of stalling anymore but the idle still bounces from about 250 rpm to 800 rpm when it's fully warm and it's just getting annoying and want it sorted.
Cheers for any input guys :)

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Re: Yet another low idle thread

Postby ThatGuy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Anyone atall?

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 am

Hey have a look at the post below where i had the same problem, nothing came up on diagnostics. It fixed the problem for me however no clue as to what caused it. The fella that ran the diagnostics put the cable across the 2 contacts to resolve it.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25129

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 am

Hope you get it sorted :) Did the above work?

I cant help much unfortunately as I've not had this issue (yet) other than odd idling after battery has been disconnected and then it just sorts itself out after a day or two of driving the car ;)

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 pm

I havnt tried bridging that sensor yet, but I'm going to give it ago in the next few day. But like I've said my car doesn't stall but it's damn annoying feeling like it's going to all the time.
That's the thing mine did sort itself out last time but it took something stupid like 900km, but fingers crossed I can get it sorted and find the actual source if the problem :)

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Right so I finally got around to bridging the sensor that was mentioned and it has actually improved the idle. The strange thing is I got under the car and traced what the sensor is actually for, so it's got wires coming from the bottom of the inlet and the plug itself has lines running up to the power steering pump area ao I have no idea on what its actually for.
The other thing I have noticed is my fuel consumption has dropped a fair amount. Now my car was pretty s@3! on fuel to start with, I was getting around 260km from £30 but now it's dropped to about 170km so I think bridging that sensor/plug has something to do with it.
But for the time being I can't complain my car is perfectly drivable again, so thanks for all the help guys :)

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:09 am

that is strange about the fuel. It was so long ago that i cannot remember any effects. I also was just glad the car was smooth and not cutting out when coming to a stop so i did not notice anything else at the time.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”