Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Extremely high emissions

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
ThatGuy
Trc Off

Extremely high emissions

Postby ThatGuy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:00 pm

My altezza had its mot today and it failed which I was anticipating. But it failed on high emissions which I wasn't expecting, the CO level was at 2.53% when it should be up to 0.3% does anyone know what can cause this?
I really don't know what to do now as it's run out of mot I'll get f*** all if I try and sell it but it's also useless to me as it has no mot.
I think ive finally had it with this car but how much is it worth with no mot?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Re: Extremely high emissions

Postby jarocki » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:38 am

You possibly have an issue with your cat and may need a new one. did you give it a good run before the test to heat it up?

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:16 am

^ What he said ^

Did you give it a bloody good thrash before you took it in for the MOT or did it you just drive it there normally or did it sit and cool down before he did the test?

I always give my cars a good thrash on the way there but last year I took both my car and wife's car to be MOTed and cos he did hers first and mine was stoof it was gonna fail so I told him to take it up the road to give it a good thrash then try again and then it passed when he returned :)

ThatGuy
Trc Off

Postby ThatGuy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:31 am

I didn't no, I drove it there normally and it sat for alittle bit unfortunately.
I did have a poke around yesterday and looked at the air filter as I have a hks pod, and there were a few air hoses not connected so I stuck that on where I thiugh it came from, got the guys to emissions test it again and it brought it down to 1.90% so I think sticking the standard airbox and giving it a tune may help bring the numbers down.
But thanks for your input guys if I still can get them down then I'll have to start looking at the cat :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 am

Honestly mate. Getting the CAT nice and hot and catalyzing properly will make a world of difference and probably bring it down to pass it after a couple of goes max. Especially if you put the standard air box back on. Apparently the cone filters are only for noise as they usually dont help power and often lower power it has been found anyway!

Good luck and let us know how you get on and if it passes :)

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”