Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Horn staying on

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
markrs200
Limerick Rep

Horn staying on

Postby markrs200 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 pm

I went out and started the car this morning and the horn came on and wouldnt go off untill i took out the fuse.i have tried everything it isnt any thing wrong with the switch on the stearing wheel i replaced the relay,the alarm or anything isnt wired anywhere near the horn so im lost i cant figure it out .I eventully got it off and seemed to be fine but i started to drive the car it came on again and also if i blow the horn the speedo flickers up and down for a second .Anyone have any ideas
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

eric25
Altezza Guru

Postby eric25 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:22 pm

maybe your car is after gettin very horny :lol: :lol: :lol:,sorry had to put that in :) :) ,that is a weird one alright never seen that happen before

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:48 pm

I found a complete wireing diagram so ill give it another go tomorrow fingers crossed
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:10 pm

Check the junction boxes for condensation, under the kick panels passenger and driver side. I've heard of shorts being caused by moisture through leaks, etc.
I've posted the wiring diagrams recently, colour coded too which helps a lot. If you need them let me know and I'll dig them up.

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:17 pm

I'd say it's a short somewhere if it's affecting the speedo. Not a fun job trying to trace wires in a car :(

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 pm

my aftermarket horns did the same once, but when i replaced the relays with "proper" ones it never happened again... thank god :oops:

I wonder Mark if there was a basic alarm fitted to it in Japan that used the horns?

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:06 am

Rob thanks i have them i found them on the loc Ill cheak the kick pannel thanks
Noel nope never an alarm in it before its a problem that take 5 min or 5 days to find :cry:

wiggy1
Trc Off

Postby wiggy1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am

This happened to the aul fella before on his audi. Happened a few times and he had to remove the fuse to stop. The first time it happened just out of nowhere at about 4 in the morning. Had the whole street awake. :shock: :lol: It never happened again after the few times it did it, however his fuel gauge, speedo and rev counter stopped working and he neede a new cluster.

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Ok seems to be sorted one of the battery terminals was a bit loose i tightened it and its perfect just hope it doesnt come back

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”