Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

overheating!!!!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
seanf
Trc Off

overheating!!!!

Postby seanf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:54 pm

hi guys i noticed the car over heating in the last day or two so filled up the coolant...... but when i looked at the exspansion bottle the lid has piping coming from it but doesnt lead anywhere :o :o wondering should it reroute back to the rad from the bottom or am i just clueless :?: :?: any help or picture would be appreciated
if d cross is empty.....give 'er plenty

Mooney Motors
Trc On!

overheating

Postby Mooney Motors » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:29 pm

The pipe coming out of the expansion bottle is only an overflow pipe but the one coming from the top of the raditor goes to the expansion bottle I think your car is overheating because your radiator isnt full of coolant the cap on top of the radiator should be filled to the top but i would be concerned about 2 things, Where has the coolant gone and why is it overheating Im would suggest you make sure your radiator is full first check it when its cold then run your car and see if the radiator fan is cutting in and keeping the normal temperature if not it could be a number of things i.e water pump thermostat headgasket radiator inside radiator.
The expansion bottle could be at the correct level but radiator empty i would advise you not to drive it if this continues as you will blow your head gasket

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

All of the above, or the thermostat could be on the way out. Happened me a few days before it went, has a fail safe function though so it jams open. Get it checked out asap just in case you do harm

Mooney Motors
Trc On!

resolution

Postby Mooney Motors » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Im just wondering what was the outcome of this problem did it get it sorted or not.Sorry just very curious
ADRIAN MOONEY

seanf
Trc Off

Postby seanf » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:19 pm

kinda sorted the rad is stayin full but the exspansion bottle is losing a small amount of fluid its booked in for next week for a check up and a few little mods so only time will tell.......
if d cross is empty.....give 'er plenty

wiggy1
Trc Off

Postby wiggy1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I had a similar problem with me old integra. Turns out there was a small leak from the rad. Tried that radseal stuff but it didnt work and I needed a new one. Hope you get it sorted.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”