Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rev Counter and Oil Pressure gauge not working

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
MacRS200
Noob!

Rev Counter and Oil Pressure gauge not working

Postby MacRS200 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi to all on the Emerald Isle, posted this over on LOC as well. Really should visit here more often and not be so cheeky to only post when I got a problem but I know you are all nice guys on here :wink:

Drove the car this morning and I didn't notice anything amiss as the drive is short, lots of junctions and roundabouts etc.

Anyway picked up the car tonight and headed for home as normal, did a glance down like you do and noticed the rev counter was a zero! Did a proper scan and noticed the oil pressure gauge was registering zero as well FFS! Pulled over and cut the engine as fast as possible.

Have a think and come up with: odd that 2 indications gone at the same time. Started the engine and the both came up as normal then dropped back down to zero straight away so I am pretty sure it is an electrical fault rather than no oil pressure. Know the ECU is getting rev reading as the CamCon still shows the revs OK.

Got back home and did an ECU reset (fuses version) and still the same, checked for any obvious fuses on the info I have and nothing that relates to those bits so I am stumped

I am reasonably confident that the oil pressure is OK, problem is that the Tezza has no oil pressure warning light so if I do lose pressure I won't know till the back wheels lock up cry.gif

Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers

Neil

Any advice would be appreciated.

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 pm

The very same happened me mate .The bulb was gone in my trc switch so i replaced it drove about 20 miles and the rev counter went mad and then stopped working ,then i looked at the oil presure and it was at zero .I took out the clocks and cheaked everything and nothing seemed to be wrong.Istarted thinking that the only thing i have done to the car in the last week was that bulb so i took it out .Within ten min the car was perfect .So for me it was the bulb on the trc switch but the funny thing is it didnt happen straight away when i changed it .hope this helps
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:28 am

bad wiring behind the head unit in the car can cause this also.
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

MacRS200
Noob!

Postby MacRS200 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks guys, need to start a wiring check up then I suppose.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”