Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Wiring

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
matty
Trc On!

Wiring

Postby matty » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:55 am

Can anyone post a photo of the wiring to the +ve battery terminal and the internal of the fusebox next to the battery. Rebuilding a Tezza from a box of bits and a cut loom is a challenge! I've got one +ve lead from the battery to the starter motor, but thinking there should be another? I've also got a twin blue wire (@4mm) which is in the 1st fusebox but i'm not sure where it is screwed to (there are 4 options!) I'll post some pics later.
I have searched thread/internet with no luck.
Someone has also cut out the n/s ABS sensor - does anyone know the wire colours for this one on the main loom? :(
thanks

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Wiring

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 am

Just sent you a reply to your text.

The live has two terminals on it. One is the loom you know about with the starter live and earth on. the other is a loom which goes direct to the fuse box. I'll get a photo of the fusebox later on. Or now I have the car running, I will usually have it at work, so feel free to pop over next time you are free if you want to look at anything :)

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Right, here you go Mat :)

Here's the terminal with the two fixed to it

The right angle one with the side bits on to stop it twisting on the battery terminal is the starter motor loom and it goes along back of engine to starter like this

The other one is a fatter loom that goes to the fuse box

Although I cant really help much with where the wires go as i don't want to take mine to bits obviously, the fusebox looks like this and you can see some of the wires (and maybe the colours) through the gaps.

The two blue ones I can see but they seem to snake around a bit so not sure where they finish up unfortunately.

There are these two big bolted up terminals down the side of one of the bits within the fusebox that seem heavy duty but only one is blue wire

Hope that helps mate and let me know if you need me to look at anything else :)

matty
Trc On!

Postby matty » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:19 am

Thanks mate, helpful. I think I'm missing some wiring! Might have to pop over and have a closer look!

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:35 am

No worries, just let me know :)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:54 pm

I made a custom fusebox, standard one was too close to the wastegate and started to melt so I can flip it upside down to show all the wiring. I took a few pics here, if you need any more specific ones let me know I'll get some.

Bear in mind my fusebox is rotated 180 degrees to standard. The big black wire here is the earth. It goes into the engine loom, the loom at the front of the engine which is inside a plastic holder.

The 2 main wires. Left is starter, right is ABS. They come out of the main loom and the bolt is a different size so you can't get them wrong. I THINK they are negative but I'm not too sure.

The 2 blue wire come out of the other side of the ABS fuse. They both connect to the ABS fuse and then go into these relays. On the back of the starter fuse there is a thick blue and black wire (I think, it's pretty beefy I'm sure you'll figure that one out) and that wire goes into the starter.

hope this helps

matty
Trc On!

Postby matty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:34 am

Ideal thanks Tosh. I can now fire it up, but it wont run..back to forum index!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”