Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Not Starting

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Tezzania
Noob!

Not Starting

Postby Tezzania » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:50 am

Hi All,

So this morning I started my car all fine no problems. Then had to turn back home after just 5min out the driveway to fetch something I forgot. When I got back into the car to leave, it wont start. Battery is brand new and no problem. There is loads of fuel as well. I have just had a service where sparkplugs were changed, fuel injectors cleaned and maf sensor cleaned aswell. I have no idea why its just not taking when turning the key!

Anyone know what may be the problem or anything I can check before sending it to mechanic?

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Not Starting

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

Check all the basics first like the battery lead (if its a new one maybe it wasnt tight and it popped off?) and that the plugs are gapped right etc (though I would think that would be rough running rather than not starting)

When you say it wont start, does it crank over and not fire or is there no power there at all and no dash lights etc? Has it got an aftermarket immobiliser fitted?

Tezzania
Noob!

Postby Tezzania » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks for reply,

I have checked battery terminals and all is good. It does crank with all lights etc working power is there just not firing. I am going to check the fuel and see if its actually getting to the engine but not exactly sure how to check that?

Not sure about immobilizer as I only just bought the car two weeks ago (that's why i did a whole service on it before driving)

Tezzania
Noob!

Postby Tezzania » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Problem solved!

Turns out it was a dead relay that caused a short circuit so ignition would not fire... Will keep in mind for the future.

Thanks anyways for the help :D

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Well done for finding it. How did you locate it and which relay was it?

Glad its all sorted :)

Tezzania
Noob!

Postby Tezzania » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Well had to run around the cars electrics with a tester to check all the wiring and eventually found it at the fuse box inside the car ( left of passengers feet behind the panels). I tried to check exactly which relay it was but couldn't see exactly but will try find out just for interest sake.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”