Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Missfiring, video in forum

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
DaveMc
Trc On!

Missfiring, video in forum

Postby DaveMc » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Heres a video to what's going on with the car, Idle was horrible so cleaned maf and throttle body and upped the throttle position sensor a little whats helped keep the car running when cold yet its still miss firing.

Ive compression tested the engine aswell and got 160+ on all cylinders and about 155 on cylinder 3, When disconnecting coilpacks it shows cylinder 2 and 4 are the ones causing this but they both have grey plugs unlike 1 and 3 having brown plugs so wondering if it could be electrical or may well be 2 coilpacks down.

Weird back fire noise coming from air box every now and then when started as can be heard in video.

Click image to watch

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Missfiring, video in forum

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:42 pm

mine has been doing that recently. When it warms up, sitting on idle it randomly bangs and idles higher? Apparently this happens when a coilpack is on the way out unfortunately. I'm not really sure how to test if they are dying to be honest, it's easy if one has fully failed but not when it's starting to fail

DaveMc
Trc On!

Postby DaveMc » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Does the altezza share coilpacks with any other toyota lexus?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:08 am

Nope. doesnt share them with anything and to make it even worse they changed in 2001 so if you have a pre 2001 car there is only one coilpack that will fit and its £120 each from toyota in the uk. Nick does them at a good price apparently, if you do get some from him let me know I might need one, get them together and save on postage

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”