Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

anyone running a bosch 44?

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

anyone running a bosch 44?

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:10 am

I've got a Bosch 44 in tank and it's a little noisy which is apparently normal but it also fluctuates. Constant through the rev range but it randomly changes pitch sometimes and when I go round a right hand corner it's completely silent until I straighten up again. I did have a full tank so its not starving of fuel

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: anyone running a bosch 44?

Postby Soiled » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 am

Have you run a direct feed from the battery to supply?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Yup. Battery is in the boot so it's not far either. Goes through a relay and the wires are really good quality wires, reasonably thick too so I don't think it's a voltage drop

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Well that was my one easy idea out :p

You haven't got s@3! in the bottom of your fuel tank? The fuel pick up isn't squashed and getting blocked? While going right is there any engine spluttering? Have you got the rear seats in?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Tank looked pretty clean. I made it so it was the same height as the bottom of the standard pump assembly. Yes the seats and carpets are out but you can faintly hear it outside the car even though the exhaust is quite deep and kinda drowns out all noise lol

There is never any stuttering or anything, doesn't feel like its not getting enough fuel and pressure didn't drop when I revved. There is no damping or anything on the pump though it's held on by the fitting and I jewbilee clipped it to an Ali support. Made a whole machined and fabricated holder for the pump but I don't think it's vibration on the mount as its real tight, I couldn't move it by hand.

I might have to pull it out and look but it's such a mission to put it back in. You using the standard jet pump? I blew mine off after first fit so it must be returning at a reasonably high pressure

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Yup standard jet pump.

Put the seat back in, see if you notice it then.... if you don't notice it it isn't happening right? :p

What size wire did you use to supply it?

The only time mine makes a different tone is when the revs drop below 1,000 rpm and the engine is trying to die.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Here's a snippet of a write up from a guy in NZ Altezzaclub with the username Distrb, it's pretty much what I followed on setting mine up.

-----

Blocked up stock reg to use as bung in base of fuel filter (so you basically pull this out, block it up and reinstall it) doing this disables the stock fuel reg and allows the fuel filter to stay pressurized

Drill a hole in the top of the fuel pump cradle and attach your fitting for your return line
from the inside of that fitting, attach your fuel hose (black hose in the below pic) and run it down through a conveniently placed hole in the top section of the cradle. attach it to the grey jet pump in the same orientation as the pic. this is where the pipe out of the stock reg was attached to

this allows the returning fuel to flow through the jet pump and cause fuel to be pulled from the right hand side of the tank.

that picture above is pretty much ready to go, so install it back in the tank.

when you install this back into the tank, you hook the feed from the right hand side of the tank into the left hand most fitting on the grey piece in that picture (aka where you removed it from in the first place)

then hook up stock feed line, and your new return line you've run Image

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 pm

That's how I did the first time with the walbro but the 44 is huge so I made a custom cradle. Have it set up in the same way though with the return line etc. Had a longish drive today and it's not too bad tbh. It is loud but and you can hear it but it's not annoyingly loud so I think it's probably quite normal. Still has random moments of silence. We'll see how it goes after a while maybe itl calm down or Atleast see if it gets worse

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:27 am

Tosh21 wrote:That's how I did the first time with the walbro but the 44 is huge so I made a custom cradle. Have it set up in the same way though with the return line etc. Had a longish drive today and it's not too bad tbh. It is loud but and you can hear it but it's not annoyingly loud so I think it's probably quite normal. Still has random moments of silence. We'll see how it goes after a while maybe itl calm down or Atleast see if it gets worse

Shoulda got the deatschwerk dw300 :lol: :lol:

But I've heard them Bosch pumps are pretty loud in general like a little bit louder than stock so I'd say it's normal ... Turn the radio up and cruise along waving at the b*tches who wish they was you :lol: :lol:
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:53 pm

I was gonna get a dw but the Bosch was free so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Almost sold it to pay for a dw but we use a single Bosch in the Aston gtes so they must be pretty good.

[/quote]But I've heard them Bosch pumps are pretty loud in general like a little bit louder than stock so I'd say it's normal ... Turn the radio up and cruise along waving at the b*tches who wish they was you :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Haha that's pretty dam true. everyone wants a car which makes weird ass noises

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Tosh21 wrote:I was gonna get a dw but the Bosch was free so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Almost sold it to pay for a dw but we use a single Bosch in the Aston gtes so they must be pretty good.

But I've heard them Bosch pumps are pretty loud in general like a little bit louder than stock so I'd say it's normal ... Turn the radio up and cruise along waving at the b*tches who wish they was you :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Haha that's pretty dam true. everyone wants a car which makes weird ass noises[/quote]

Wait what you got a free noises thing which makes your car go faster .. Where do I sign up I want one hahahaha ... No complaints then if it's free ... If it fails your not down any money so is just stick with the noise and learn sign language so you can have conversations with the occupants of the car 8) :lol:
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”