Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Ideal Tyre pressure for Altezza

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
mathurageethan
Noob!

Ideal Tyre pressure for Altezza

Postby mathurageethan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:18 am

Hi,
My one is Altezza RS 200. Tyre size 215/45, R 17. Since the tyre pressure affects the economy, what is the ideal tyre pressure. I am using 32. Earlier I was using 37. Some internet sources telling that is the ideal pressure. However, my mechanic told better to use 32 in rough roads like Srilanka. Because, car will vibrate more in high pressure and it will loosen the bolts and nuts. Low pressure is comfortable and good for car with the expense of fuel economy and tyre wearing. Can anybody advice me on that.

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Ideal Tyre pressure for Altezza

Postby Soiled » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:46 am

Depends on the make and model of tyre, best bet is to ask the manufacturer what the ideal pressure is for the weight of your car.

If the difference between 32psi and 37psi would cause all your nuts and bolts to rattle loose... You have some very lightly put in nuts and bolts (maybe a 12 year old girl assembled your car who knows? :p) with no spring washers anywhere. So I wouldn't worry about that.

I run around 30psi but I have 255/40/17 and more interested in traction than economy.

if the roads are rough as in potholes everywhere the higher the pressure the more likely the tyre could pop... But the lower the more likely you could buckle a wheel.

So it's all personal opinion, do what you feel drives best/returns the best economy for you.

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: Ideal Tyre pressure for Altezza

Postby E910 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 am

35 psi is the ideal pressure for the OE tyre size 215/45 R17.
Running lower pressures you may experience premature front inner tyre wear. I've yet to see a Toyota rattle it's self to pieces. Part of a decent service is checking nuts & bolts tight anyway.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”