Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rattling noise coming from under my car

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Dede
Noob!

Rattling noise coming from under my car

Postby Dede » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:38 pm

okay so i've been hearing some minor rattling coming from under my car for awhile. I've had a few people checked it out and no one... I REPEAT no can tell me exactly what it is and where it is coming from. Like i explained to them i only hear this when I'm pressing the gas petal. Can some one with a similar problem help me out!! This is soooooo annoying. and i'm tired of carrying my car around to people that doesn't know what the problem is.

chewse
Trc Off

Re: Rattling noise coming from under my car

Postby chewse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Check the heatshields around d various exhaust parts especially around the cats..when they get rusty they will rattle...u can always remove them

Dede
Noob!

Postby Dede » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

I was thinking the heat shield too... from previous youtube videos the sounds i've heard are similar to mine. Thanks chewse

maltez
Noob!

Postby maltez » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 pm

I had the exact same thing when I bought my altezza! :) fairly bloody annoying but its probably the heatshields so at least its an easy fix :roll:

turbotezza
Trc Off

Postby turbotezza » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:35 pm

i too was thinking heat shields
another couple of things thats possible is is exhaust breaking up inside , any play in the propshaft

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”