Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

not building oil pressure

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

not building oil pressure

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Just finished rebuilding my engine, went to run it on the starter to build some oil pressure before start up but it wouldn't go up. I've plugged the sensor in (it's the one which goes up from behind the bottom pulley right? But it still won't read even after loads of cranking. The galleries aren't blocked as I poured a bit of oil in the top and it made it to the sump. I never drained the oil before rebuilding so it's still the same correct grade oil. Haven't touched the oil pump either. It has been sat without turning for about a month But everything was easy to turn. I'm thinking faulty sender? How would I check if it is? Also, is there anyway to check that I am getting pressure of the sender is faulty as I want to fire it and test it to make sure nothing goes terribly wrong before buying any parts

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: not building oil pressure

Postby E910 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 am

Sounds like you need to prime the oil pump, have a read of this thread >> http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezza ... opic=13128

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: not building oil pressure

Postby Tosh21 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 am

Turned out the pressure isn't high enough on the started for the gauge to register. Took the filter off and it pumped loads of oil out and built up when I started it

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”