Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Airco Problems

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Airco Problems

Postby Landoman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey guys I'm back with a weird issue.

few weeks already when driving if i just give a little extra gas just to change shifts, my car's airco turns off. the air changes from inside to outside air and the A/C light starts to flash. Airco stops cooling and sounds like the compressor turns off.

I turn the airco off then switch it back on and it starts working again.

Today i was driving a while without the airco and when i turned it on, it did this again but this time it doesn't want to come back on at all :? When i turn on the airco i can feel and hear my engine RPM going up a little for the compressor to switch on but right away stops and the lights start flashing again.

tried to turn off/on several times. turned off the car and turned it back on but still the issue stayed the same :?

A friend once told me that maybe i would have to vacuum my airco system and refill it with gas but doesn't sound like a cooling gas issue. thinking it might be my compressor is acting up but not sure.

Any ideas that can help? highly appreciated since driving around in Curacao without airco is like hell !!!
Life Looks Better When Going Sidewayz

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: Airco Problems

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 am

I would go and let them check out if the gas level is up to point before going further...

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 pm

mlcoolj wrote:I would go and let them check out if the gas level is up to point before going further...

Found the problem. compressor front screw got loose and let the front part of the compressor fall out. put it back in and tightened it. all working again.
Life Looks Better When Going Sidewayz

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:58 pm

good to know! How come it could've fallen out? did you loosen it before?

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”