Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Battery Keeps Going Flat

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
BMcD
Trc Off

Battery Keeps Going Flat

Postby BMcD » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am

Replaced the car battery recently due to it been old and leaking and dying if left for a day or two. Fitted the new battery and was fine for a week or two. Car wasn't used for two days and went flat. And now keeps going flat all the time. I replaced the battery terminals as they were in poor condition thinking could be them. Now I have to carry a booster pack to get car going. Once started it runs fine, switch lights, radio, heating on and no issues. Would my alternator be on the way out? I generally do short journeys, but was never a problem with the old battery. The dash voltmeter reads 15V when the car is running, sometimes dropping to 13/14 V on idle with lights, radio on.
Anyone experience this before? Or know what issue could be?
Any help wold be great, thanks.

townie
Trc Off

Re: Battery Keeps Going Flat

Postby townie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 pm

BMcD wrote:Replaced the car battery recently due to it been old and leaking and dying if left for a day or two. Fitted the new battery and was fine for a week or two. Car wasn't used for two days and went flat. And now keeps going flat all the time. I replaced the battery terminals as they were in poor condition thinking could be them. Now I have to carry a booster pack to get car going. Once started it runs fine, switch lights, radio, heating on and no issues. Would my alternator be on the way out? I generally do short journeys, but was never a problem with the old battery. The dash voltmeter reads 15V when the car is running, sometimes dropping to 13/14 V on idle with lights, radio on.
Anyone experience this before? Or know what issue could be?
Any help wold be great, thanks.

check your alternator diconnect positive from battery when car is running if car dies out alternator is gone
check your alternator belt aswell could be slipping also check yr grounds could be loose connection to the body
hope this helps :wink:

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”