Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Water In boot wells.

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
NotoriousMib
Noob!

Water In boot wells.

Postby NotoriousMib » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Hey all,

We have had some pretty heavy rain here in Scotland ( surprise surprise ) Last couple of weeks on and off, Anyway i was clearing out some rubbish from the boot and noticed the start of a tiny patch of mold on the carpet. It was on the little cover piece that covers the well behind rear drivers side wheel. Took it out and looked in to discover a puddle of water in there, checked the one that the jack is in and it was wet also to not as bad though.

I had the rear drivers side light out to put a fog into the reverse light but never put any new holes in just used existing ones, don't know if it could anything in there or weather that even leads in to that well.

Has anyone had this before and know what it could be, just to give me ideas where to start. Is there a pipe for rain water or anything to pass through that way that could be blocked?

Any ideas and help would be great,

Cheers

Martin

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Re: Water In boot wells.

Postby ISred02 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 pm

I could be way off base here but do you have a boot spoiler by any chance? The seal between the spoiler and boot could be cracked. The rain could be dripping through the screw holes. This happened to me before,not anyway as bad as your, when I noticed damp on both sides of the carpet and found that the boot liner was soaked. I removed the lining and saw that the spoiler screws were all wet and rusted. It was a job to get the screws off but I sorted it out and it has been fine ever since. It might help you or not. As I say I could be barking up the wrong tree :lol:
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

sxe10mike
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby sxe10mike » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I had the same problem. I've no boor spoiler but I noticed behind the rear lights that part of the seal on the joint was gone. I had to remove the boot lining to get at it to fix. It was a temporary fix at the time and it's leaking a little now but no as much.

I recommend you remove the boot lining and get a few jugs of water and work your way down from the roof with the flow of water to find the leak. That's how I found mine. I also recommend using a good strong sealant as some silicone sealants have a high Ph level so they can eat away at other sealants and paint.

Mike.
Why complain when nobody listens?

NotoriousMib
Noob!

Postby NotoriousMib » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Cheers for the replies guys. I don't have a boot spoiler so afraid it can't be that. Will take the boot lining out and see if I can see anywhere it is coming in. Hopefully it will be like you suggest and I'll seal it up.

Cheers

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:32 pm

You need:

2x 52185-53010
2x 52187-16070
2 or 4x (can't remember now) of 90467-17016

That's what solved my problem
Attachments
phppzF2iBAM.jpg
phppzF2iBAM.jpg (85.42 KiB) Viewed 898 times
D700 / RS200

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am

got same problem, it's the fixings for the rear bumper think the seals must go or if you have a sunroof it's the drain for that blocked up

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”