Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

rattle

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
chewse
Trc Off

rattle

Postby chewse » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

I get this strange rattling sound every now and then haven't been able to pin point exactly where its comin from but it sounds like a tamborine

townie
Trc Off

Re: rattle

Postby townie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

chewse wrote:I get this strange rattling sound every now and then haven't been able to pin point exactly where its comin from but it sounds like a tamborine

Hi ya I am having the same exact sound, only happens when i hit the pedal hard. sounds like little tinckle bells !! wondering if it could be low ron fuel? i am gonna try a petrol booster and 98 or 99 ron petrol. see if it's just bad petrol as the rs200 jap imports run on higher octaine fuel over there. if you solve this problem repost!! would love to know it's driving me mad if i find out will let ya know as well cheers from townie :|

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm

In my case it doesn't sound like its comin from the engine bay more like from one of the wheels on left side but I could be wrong and jingling is the right way to describe the sound.....

townie
Trc Off

Postby townie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 pm

mine sounds like a bell tinkling at acceleration maybe a loose clamp on exhaust going upon the life tomorrow nct 17th
have to sus this noise out have a blow somewhere in the system :roll:

townie
Trc Off

Postby townie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:18 pm

maybe it's your front stabilzer bushings !! they make that sound if they are warn you will hear it if you hit bumps or potholes worth a look good luck with the search mate townie out

Kirbymeister
Trc On!

Postby Kirbymeister » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:54 am

I've also got a strange rattle and sounds like its coming from drivers side rear wheel. Sounds like a heat shield or something. I've already removed the heatshield that sits above the rear box as that was loose. Any other suggestions at all? Cheers guys

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 am

I'll have to check out that shield also....but definetely sounds like its comin from the wheel I found the metal piece over the rear brakes to be loose tighten it up but the sound I'd still there

sxe-bear
Trc Off

Postby sxe-bear » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Simular sound in my tez, i figured out its the brake pads rattling in the caliper. It goes out of it when i press the brakes.

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:49 pm

sxe-bear wrote:Simular sound in my tez, i figured out its the brake pads rattling in the caliper. It goes out of it when i press the brakes.

I think u could be right..cus I've heard that sound on other vehicles that I've driven......my brothers car (mazda) had a similar sound only a lot louder and it went away after I changed the brakes all round

Kirbymeister
Trc On!

Postby Kirbymeister » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Mine rattles when I go over bumps or a bumpy road. I've got hsd coilovers fitted do the suspension is pretty hard. Was wondering if it could be the anti roll bar links a bit worn or something? Been under the car a few times as nothing appears to be loose or so I'm pretty stumped at the moment.

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 pm

could be many things but most common is balljoint,drop link,antroll bar bushing.

Kirbymeister
Trc On!

Postby Kirbymeister » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:13 pm

I might well have to look into those then and check as it is pretty annoying and I can't stand rattles or anything like that.

tezzie
Noob!

Postby tezzie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 pm

The little clip in the nut in the top ball joint used to make a tingly noise

Kirbymeister
Trc On!

Postby Kirbymeister » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

With mine the only way I can describe it is it sounds like a tin heatshield rattling when I go over a bump bit I've removed the rear heatshield and checked everything else isn't loose some think I'm gonna have to get it up on some ramps.

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Seems like the sound happens mostly on acceleration....if I'm able to hear the sound then take my foot off the gas it stops when I get back on the gas I can hear it again.....

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”