Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

ignition barrel jam :(

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
chicken
Noob!

ignition barrel jam :(

Postby chicken » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 pm

hello i notiesed a few days ago when i was getting out the car a few time after removing the key would chime like left the lights on or something.i couldnt figure it out what is was,then yesterday i got out my car locked it as normal came back to it a few hour later an key wont turn in the barrel. i can twist to say,so all light an sterrio goes off ect an slight turn it but all i can get on dash is airbag light on will not turn anymore iv done a little looking into it an found that this is common also on the is200. so i stripped down gave a tap with a tappy stick(hammer) but still no joy im now coming to the fact am i going to need a new ignition barrel if so anyone have any ideas where to get thanks gaz ;) im located west midlands uk if anyone can help thanks again

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: ignition barrel jam :(

Postby daveo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:06 pm

yea they seem to be a common problem lately. had quiet a few lads onto me for them. ive one key ignition and drivers lock there if your interested.pm me if you want :)

chicken
Noob!

Re: ignition barrel jam :(

Postby chicken » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:03 pm

you have pm

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”