Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

TRC and Engine light flashing.. While losing power at times

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Vanter
Noob!

TRC and Engine light flashing.. While losing power at times

Postby Vanter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 pm

I was doing a bit of ruffing around the other day and shortly after my car started to lose power and eventually cut out... I restarted it and my trc light was flashing and my check engine light was on. It does not happen immediately each time i drive the car but eventually when driving long enough the car idles all the way to zero rpm then cuts out if then engine is not revved...

Ive read up on some post on the site and they seem to recomend many different things some which work and some which fail.. I dont have much money to spend and would like to have some clear concise information to get straight to the problem. Ive seen some info concerning a vvti solenoid replacement which seems more solid.. im not sure guys please help. :(

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: TRC and Engine light flashing.. While losing power at ti

Postby daveo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am

if you want to save money and time and dont know the problem, take it to a good main dealer. otherwise you will be checking and changing forever and the cost of sorting the problem will keep rising and you have no guarantee of solving the problem :)

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:34 am

If you want to get raped...take it to a main dealer...If you want to find the cause of a problem, take it to a remapper. Sorry Dave :lol:

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:39 pm

haha yer grande pete. no here a main dealer is 64 euros for a full readout....back street mechanic 40. so for 60 quid i think its dirt cheap :)

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 pm

In that case, its very reasonable. :lol: I remember trying to find a place that would diagnose my car a year ago...just got stupid looks :lol:

townie
Trc Off

Postby townie » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 am

peter0991 wrote:In that case, its very reasonable. :lol: I remember trying to find a place that would diagnose my car a year ago...just got stupid looks :lol:

That sounds to me your one of yr coils are gone gonna have to put it on computer find out which one is gone mate lose of power cutting out running on 3 not 4 cylinders cutting out no pick up hope this helps just \ thought

Vanter
Noob!

Postby Vanter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Somehow the problem jus magically corrected itself after about 4 or 5 days. Not sure how but hey its fixed.. or so i hope

NappyBoy
Trc On!

Postby NappyBoy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

had the same thing at saturday when I was checking spark plugs on my is200T . Accidently I forgot to connect one of the plugs and car was running on 5 cylinders . When I connected it back trc light was blinking but after disconnecting battery for 20 min and connecting it back problem was solved.

Cheers

shovon
Noob!

Postby shovon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:28 pm

[quote][/quote]

i have faced quite same kinda problem a few days bak.. when i was driving in rain.. i suddenly revved the engine @ 7000rpm suddenly my car started to slide to the left or right and the traction light was blinking.... when i slowed down, it stopped blinking.... it happens sometimes.. can anyone tell me why is it happening?? is something wrong with the traction control??

tezza98ke
Noob!

Postby tezza98ke » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Vanter wrote:I was doing a bit of ruffing around the other day and shortly after my car started to lose power and eventually cut out... I restarted it and my trc light was flashing and my check engine light was on. It does not happen immediately each time i drive the car but eventually when driving long enough the car idles all the way to zero rpm then cuts out if then engine is not revved...

Ive read up on some post on the site and they seem to recomend many different things some which work and some which fail.. I dont have much money to spend and would like to have some clear concise information to get straight to the problem. Ive seen some info concerning a vvti solenoid replacement which seems more solid.. im not sure guys please help. :(

It sounds to be ur trottle position sensor bud, their not that much money new or second hand .
http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/dbimages/ADT37202C.jpg

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:09 pm

shovon wrote:

i have faced quite same kinda problem a few days bak.. when i was driving in rain.. i suddenly revved the engine @ 7000rpm suddenly my car started to slide to the left or right and the traction light was blinking.... when i slowed down, it stopped blinking.... it happens sometimes.. can anyone tell me why is it happening?? is something wrong with the traction control??

U're joking right?...7k rpm in the rain..car slide left and right? I guess that's just the traction control tryin to save your ass..lol

shovon
Noob!

Postby shovon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:51 pm

chewse wrote:
shovon wrote:

U're joking right?...7k rpm in the rain..car slide left and right? I guess that's just the traction control tryin to save your ass..lol

lol... it was not normally doing it.. i was trying to power launch the car while it was running 40 kph speed in the rain... then it happened.. ;)

chewse
Trc Off

Postby chewse » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Your traction control seems to be working fine ...your problem is that u gotta turn it off when u wanna "launch" the car...but be ready to catch the ass as it steps out

shovon
Noob!

Postby shovon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:10 pm

chewse wrote:Your traction control seems to be working fine ...your problem is that u gotta turn it off when u wanna "launch" the car...but be ready to catch the ass as it steps out

thnx a lot 4 the suggestion.... i think i m getting it... just need some free space with where i can start practicing the basic drift technique... already got the drift bible... :D

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”