Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

heater problems!!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Sideways2wd
Noob!

heater problems!!

Postby Sideways2wd » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

I jst bought a beams altezza and have one problem! My heaters dont workOnly cold air blows out of my air vents even when the car is hot. I have checked the thermostat and its not the problem its working fine! There is no wet patch on the floor so I dont think its the heater matrix??
Any help would be greatly appriciated!!

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: heater problems!!

Postby daveo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am

yep you are the second lad on here this week with the same problem !!!! heater matrix removal for you my friend ha ha. contact ian lexus on here , he is from limerick and is doing a matrix replacement without removing the dash. and if ya need the matrix let me know as ill be taking one out for ian on saturday and can take one out for you also if you need it

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:42 am

Sideways2wd wrote:I jst bought a beams altezza and have one problem! My heaters dont workOnly cold air blows out of my air vents even when the car is hot. I have checked the thermostat and its not the problem its working fine! There is no wet patch on the floor so I dont think its the heater matrix??
Any help would be greatly appriciated!!

Throw an intro up in the newbie section! Also have a look through the site rules.

There is a search function on site too!

And finally ........... Welcome!

Sideways2wd
Noob!

Postby Sideways2wd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:57 am

Is the heater matrix expensive?how do i go about changing it?

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am

contact ianlexus as he is doing one as we speak! :)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 pm

So maybe there's an airlock in the system... Have a search on the site and see if this helps...

Qualitat
Trc On!

Postby Qualitat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 pm

This happened to me before a few years ago. Start the car and see can you hear a motor buzzing in the centre console. If the motor does not stop then it might be the same problem as me. The motor should be connected to a flap in the air duct. It closes when you turn the car off and opens when you start it. I had to take the glove box out and a few covers around there behind the AC controls. On my one the linkage had just popped out for some reason. Once I eventually found it (about 1-2 hours as it is in a proper stupid place and I am not really used to taking bits apart) the linkage just pushed it back together and it has worked for me now for the last 3-4 years with ever happening again.

Might be possible to remove the radio and go down that direction either. Cost me nothing to fix it just patience.

Sideways2wd
Noob!

Postby Sideways2wd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:34 am

Problem fixed!!i replaced d heater matrix and now i have heat the old one was twice d weight of the new one prob clogged up wit rad weld!

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 am

so she worked and ya didnt have to replace the dash !!:)

madman25
Noob!

Postby madman25 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Anyone can help me how to remove heater matrix without removing dash? My lexus is IS200 right steer. I tried to pm some people here but nobody gave me a solution still :(

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

madman25 wrote:Anyone can help me how to remove heater matrix without removing dash? My lexus is IS200 right steer. I tried to pm some people here but nobody gave me a solution still :(

maybe introduce yourself, people might have more interest in helping you

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”