Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Parts Query

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Parts Query

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm

I had an imported celica exact same as the uk car chasis engine suspension etc.. same as the is200 and as200 differences, the engine produced slightly more power due to fuel over there, had no egr valve shared the same parts exactly same as the is200 as200 parts are the same but they had complete different specs as uk pritty much had everything as standard where the import was what you got from when it was added as optional extra, but the car still had the same badge so what your really saying its not the same car at all and should been re-badge to something different :?:

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

mike_01 wrote:Very small variation which could be considered nothing, just the fact it produced 4k miles away
but the variations were only there to get the is200 into the eu altezza first being produced in japan then in the eu so really were added after the altezza was created
for some reason everything was optional extra's

The As200 use the vvt-i same as is200 (variable valve timming-intelligent)

Beams blacktop engine tuned by yamaha is only used in the altezza rs200 4 cyl with dual VVT-I (breakthrough engine and management system)

they didn't make a beams 6 cyl, only 3 engine are produced
redtop was found in old mr2, celica and caldina import from japan
greytop in rav 4 can't remember the other
blacktop in altezza
all were 4cyl

Not quite true, the 1GFE in the AS200 is atleast a BEAMS engine (Doesn't have a head tuned by Yamaha like the 3SGE) I can't talk about an IS200 as I haven't had a look at the engine before, but would assume the same.

http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?q=as200+ ... x=95&ty=80

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Altezza 1GFE for ya mike_01

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 am

seen same engine cover on ebay a little while ago
a true blacktop beams is the 3s-ge
but I see you point but it only a term phrase used for the engine which nowadays I think toyota use for all vvt-i engines so the is200 probally shares this aswell

how do you tell by looking at an engine? apart from the engine cover

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”