Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Parts Query

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Lightning
Trc Off

Parts Query

Postby Lightning » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Unfortunately, I hit my (RS200) Qualitat recently. I jus want to confirm if the parts that I need below are all the same for both the 4 Cylinder and 6 Cylinder versions. If there are any differences, can you please let me know?

Rear Shock
Rear Lower Strut bar/Stabilizer bar
Rear Lower Control Arm
Rear Wheel Hub (Left Side)
Rear CV Joint
Lower Front Left Ball Joint
Lower Front Left Strut bar/Control Arm

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Parts Query

Postby beamsteza » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes all those parts are the same on the is200 and tezza

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 am

The Altezza RS200 are lower than the IS200 so the shocks aren't interchangeable unless you're swapping all 4. It'll sit higher in one corner upsetting the handling.
The rear axles are different as well.

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

lads i think its the 6cyl altezza and the 4 cyl altezza he is making reference to and not the is200 . yes suspension height is different but it depends whats in it already. i dont think the back axels are any different in them. ive interchanged both and they didnt seem to be any different. as for all the parts you have listed they are the exact same just take out your shock and measure against new one to be sure . ;)

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 am

the is200 has different number of mounting studs for the rear axle think the tezz has 6 and is has 4 or other way round, but you could split the shaft depending what you need

shocks would be best to replace both sides (in pairs) the shocks don't determin the ride height thats the spring job, if you need new springs you need to get them for the altezza as I'm 99% the is has different spring rate and ride height than the tezz

all the rest is same

you on about the rear anti roll bar?
some have different size think 3 in total just to make you aware :wink:

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Yes, I was referring to 4 vs 6 cylinder; not tezza vs IS200, but I think I have the information I need.

Thanks guys....greatly appreciated your info.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

the 6 cylinder tezza is the is200 just that it's made in japan and has the tezza badge on as lexus don't exist in japan, that why toyota made them and renamed them for the japanese market :wink:

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

mike_01 wrote:the 6 cylinder tezza is the is200 just that it's made in japan and has the tezza badge on as lexus don't exist in japan, that why toyota made them and renamed them for the japanese market :wink:

i beg to differ. ther rs and the as are altezzas and are exact same bar the engine of course. interiors and drive shaft pcd the same which is very different to that of the lexus is200 . it was a different variation of the toyota model they were trying to achieve .....not put a teazza badge on a lexus!!!

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

http://otoreview.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04 ... tezza.html

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jswrig ... lexus.html
can get lots more if you need

I'm not saying the RS and AS arn't both altezza they are but the AS is more/has more of the lexus in it even the chasis and engine code is same and just has the altezza badge instead of a lexus badge, Toyota does own Lexus you know
the As auto has 4 speed box just like the lexus No triptronic,the Rs has 5 speed triptronic box from the lexus gs I'm pritty sure

just the fact that lexus doesn't exist in japan only toyota, only in the eu lexus was created to compete with the upper market merc, bmw etc..
but for some reason toyota in japan decided to produce the as200/is200 only real difference is more of the car was an optional extra ie half leather seats, heated seat feature and as emissions aren't as strict most likely the egr valves weren't fitted and a lesser efficient cat and probally slightly different engine mapping as there fuel is like rocket fuel

drive shafts could have been changed to fit the sport diff or lsd out a tezza, easier than taking it apart and making it all fit the standard diff case and drive shafts
Last edited by mike_01 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm

yea i have seen both of them and read the both of them mike but its not saying that the altezza and the lexus are the same.different market equivelants, yes but the lexus and altezza are a different car ..... i think you missinterpreted my point mike. its not the badge thats different.

question for ya while we are at it. whats the difference between the lexus 6 cyl engine that is in the is200 and the 6cyl beams engine that is in the altezza ??

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 pm

read my post above

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 pm

mike_01 wrote:read my post above

ah sound, you seem to have edited it since i read it last. i see now ...thanks for pointing it out ta me

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm

ah sorry I did as forgot to add some info I remembered, but that is why they are very slghtly more powerfull than the is200

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 pm

yep thats what i was thinking alrite , so at the end of the day they are not the same car with different badges are they??? they are similir but quiet different when you go through it.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Very small variation which could be considered nothing, just the fact it produced 4k miles away
but the variations were only there to get the is200 into the eu altezza first being produced in japan then in the eu so really were added after the altezza was created
for some reason everything was optional extra's

The As200 use the vvt-i same as is200 (variable valve timming-intelligent)

Beams blacktop engine tuned by yamaha is only used in the altezza rs200 4 cyl with dual VVT-I (breakthrough engine and management system)

they didn't make a beams 6 cyl, only 3 engine are produced
redtop was found in old mr2, celica and caldina import from japan
greytop in rav 4 can't remember the other
blacktop in altezza
all were 4cyl

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”