ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

engine managment light on and trc light flashing

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
tezzaian
Trc On!

engine managment light on and trc light flashing

Postby tezzaian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:11 am

had my tezza out tanite for a bit of messin that i rarely ever do cos of such problems arising.. i was doin bit of diffin for bo[ut 40secs ground was wet so no real abuse, after i stopped and drove a way a small bit i noticed those lights, car was drivin fine but it ticked over very very rough like a scooby if that helps, anyway sick as a pig worrin now, would be really greatful if someone could put my mind at ease cheers.

thanks in advance

ian :(

antok
Trc Off

Re: engine managment light on and trc light flashing

Postby antok » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:42 am

The ticking over like a Scooby bit sounds to me like she's only running on three cylinders same thing happened to mine but not from messing one coil pack just gave up... I didn't get any engine or trc light flashing.. Think the trc light flashes when you have a prob with your abs, thinks it's been covered not so long ago try the search..

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:06 am

Where you using your brakes much? silly question but did you turn the traction control off as that would have caused it, can you get sound clip up??

Where abouts are you as I can diagnose the engine light

Check if a vacuum hose or connection has come off as there is a unit which controls the traction under the airbox, I unplugged it when sorting the airbox out and forgot to plug it back in which caused the trc light to flash

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 pm

i got the prob sorted i taut i went out the followin mornin to get it plugged in and i wen i started it had resolved itself, i got it plugged in straight after and 5 faults came up, the air flow meter the air intake the vvti and two others, erased the faults and was fine never came back, that was sat mornin and it is now tuesday evenin and the exact same thing is happenin....im in ballyhaunis in mayo, wher bouts are you i can try and get clip, it sounds like a rally car tickin over, like exactly like that..... thanks in advance once again...

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

Just realised you in ireland, in wales, GB
Have you tried checking all the connections?
If your getting a vvti comming up I'm afraid that can be quite expensive as the vvti isn't servicable so what I heared, but it could be ecu fault as I know someone who had problem with car couldn't find out so he got a ecu not sure what made them think about it but sorted problem,

Can't see why drifting would cause all them problems especilly with the maf, could see the vvti failing at the very brink of engine failure, you see loads of standard beams being put into older car's like the chap on here did and went through a fair few events drifting,

only thing I can think of is if there were on there way to going or were going just not enough to show engine light and just that spurt finished them off so to speak

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 am

Did you note down the code no as guy on here with vvti trouble couple of post's down might be worth chatting to him

VVT System malfunction error - P1354 author hp_zim

Estie
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Estie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 pm

sounds like a coil pack! common enough to go arent they?

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm

thanks for all the advice just goin to get it done again i will let you know how i get on.....laters buds!!!!

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Sounds like vvti to me. Very similar symptoms.

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:34 pm

got it plugged in yesterday now and the vvti was the only fault that came up, the mechanic said that one of the sensors were loose at the top..the sensors are only 40euro!! are they hard to put in or is it a big one..it looks simple to me..

chrisp83
Trc Off

Postby chrisp83 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Its fairly straight forward, just one bolt on each one. You will have to remove the top cover to expose the bolt.

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

got it plugged in three or 4 times in last week, got sensor tody for the vvti, put it in brought it for a hard enough spin to see if ther was any diiference, after 1 min of driving back to square one... gettin fed up now..dont no what to do, same fault everytime blank1 vvti... fix it and its no better...what to do.... how much money roughly am i lookin at to put it right without anyone noin what the problem is exactly, i no its a daft question, i dont have that much money to spend :( :( :( :( :(

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:50 pm

well lads got it sorted ther yesterday, i went to wher i got it put in vvti sensor drove the car same thing again when hit 4500rpm light came on and stayed on and traction light flashin and same syntoms... but went back up and got the other sensor which i think is the cam shaft sensor and i put that one in myself aswell and now thank god runnin away more smoother than ever before way more power and just in general a better car all round thanks to everyone for all the advice and if anyone has similar problems just pm me and i will shed some light on the problem if im able...thanks again to everyone....

Phil-altezza
Noob!

Postby Phil-altezza » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Alright just wondering if when just sitting there the car idles up to about 3000rpm -4000 rpm checked the flash codes and it was 59 vvti valve cleaned it out no joy fairly gettin pissed off with this tryed clean out the maf and the throttle flap but no joy
Thanks Phil

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:25 am

These VVTi solenoids seem to failing quiet a bit of late. They're quite tricky to diagnose & unless you've got the right test gear the only way to do it is try a new one & see if the problem persists. Some work when removed from the car & don't when reinstalled.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”