ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

fuel pump not gettin power

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
tezzasme
Trc Off

fuel pump not gettin power

Postby tezzasme » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 pm

fuel pump aint gettin power i checked the fuses they are grand,the relay is grand to anyone else have any other ideas of wat to check cheers

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: fuel pump not gettin power

Postby mike_01 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am

sounds more like an activated factory fitted immobilizer to me, is there power getting to the pump or is there no power at all getting to the pump, could try running a feed from ignition to pump and see what happens

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

mike_01 wrote:sounds more like an activated factory fitted immobilizer to me, is there power getting to the pump or is there no power at all getting to the pump, could try running a feed from ignition to pump and see what happens

Ye it's not gettin power at all you can run a feed to it alright an it works wat can I do bout the factory fitted imoboliser do you have any idea

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Normally there must be a reason for it to be activated, might try as you wouldn't loose anything by it is to disconnect the battery for 10 min and hopefully might reset the alarm, other than that would be to trace the immob circuit and disconnect it completly, or could jsut be the chip in your key has gone and needs re-inprinting, my dad had similar problem with one of his cars and had it towed to the dealer who sorted it out for I think 370 so might be worth giving them a ring before doing anything too much, and if you can drive it there than that would save recovery fee, hope it works out ok for you :wink:

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:34 pm

mike_01 wrote:Normally there must be a reason for it to be activated, might try as you wouldn't loose anything by it is to disconnect the battery for 10 min and hopefully might reset the alarm, other than that would be to trace the immob circuit and disconnect it completly, or could jsut be the chip in your key has gone and needs re-inprinting, my dad had similar problem with one of his cars and had it towed to the dealer who sorted it out for I think 370 so might be worth giving them a ring before doing anything too much, and if you can drive it there than that would save recovery fee, hope it works out ok for you :wink:

cheers for all the help man ill try doing a few of those things an hope it solves the problem, it wont start so ill have to get it towed if i cant get it sorted meself anyway but now at least i have some ideas of wat to try

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

If you can't get it going by running a live so you can get to lexus/toyota try these people as sound ok and save dealer fees and towing http://www.autotronics.co.uk/cscart/imm ... lt-repair/

Donkeymc06
Trc Off

Postby Donkeymc06 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:54 pm

yeah mike01 could be right about the immobilizer, it may be as simple as a new battery in the key, or resetting the ecu, but sometimes the fuel pump mightn't get a signal til the engine starts cranking, think there was a yaris at work like that, there was something funny about it, was there any work carried out on the car recently??
If in doubt... grab a bigger a Hammer :D

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Donkeymc06 wrote:yeah mike01 could be right about the immobilizer, it may be as simple as a new battery in the key, or resetting the ecu, but sometimes the fuel pump mightn't get a signal til the engine starts cranking, think there was a yaris at work like that, there was something funny about it, was there any work carried out on the car recently??

only work done on it was the belts and timing belt about 2 weeks before this problem happened

Donkeymc06
Trc Off

Postby Donkeymc06 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 am

i wonder i there anything around there that could have upset the system, i know this is a stupid question, but you did check the fuses and relays??
did you try puting a multi meter on it and crank the engine??
If in doubt... grab a bigger a Hammer :D

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:12 am

tezzasme wrote:fuel pump aint gettin power i checked the fuses they are grand,the relay is grand to anyone else have any other ideas of wat to check cheers

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Donkeymc06 wrote:i wonder i there anything around there that could have upset the system, i know this is a stupid question, but you did check the fuses and relays??
did you try puting a multi meter on it and crank the engine??

found out what the problem was the timing belt it jumped a tooth an wreck the whole belt put a new one on now its working grand thank god

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm

ok, good to read! And there you were looking in on the electrical side of things...

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

good job its a non interferance engine or you could of had a hefty bill
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm

The 3SGE is an interference engine, especially if the belt snaps/skips teeth while the VVT-i is advanced. So just lucky in general!

Don't know about the 1GFE though.

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Soiled wrote:The 3SGE is an interference engine, especially if the belt snaps/skips teeth while the VVT-i is advanced. So just lucky in general!

Don't know about the 1GFE though.

is there anyway you would know if it had of done any damage to the engine

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”