ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

engine whistling

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
tezzasme
Trc Off

engine whistling

Postby tezzasme » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 pm

when doin inbetween 4 an say 6000 rpm there is a whistling sound an i have no idea what it is does anyone have any idea what it might be any ideas or help wud be great

VOLVOREUTER
Noob!

Re: engine whistling

Postby VOLVOREUTER » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:03 pm

This is an interesting thread. My car does something like that too (people who have sat into it 1st time have often asked me as the car was being driven on if it was turbo'ed). I have a TRD back box on my car and it is totally unmodified in anyway(other that my tezzaworld stickers!! :D and I often wondered if anyone else's sounded like this??? What type of back box is on your car??

vrrrv
Trc Off

Postby vrrrv » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Mine is completely standard and I have noticed it! Never paid any attention to it I put it down to just the engine sound at certin revs!

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I think it could be loose material in the cat,, Not 100% sure though :idea:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm

You're not just hearing induction noise are you?

vrrrv
Trc Off

Postby vrrrv » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:14 pm

It's not a loud whistle it's very very slight, I think it sounds good anyway lol "if it's not broke don't fix it" :lol:

tezzasme
Trc Off

Postby tezzasme » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 am

as far as i no my back box is standard an just wondered what it might be do much other people on here hear the same sort of noise as im confused to wat it really is

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 am

more than most likely it's the alternator, normally when there starting to show there age or could be one of the other's pas, aircon etc.. or if you have an aftermarket cd player that's on while driving can also be that picking up the signal's of the alternator causing a whistling

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”