Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Turbo-kit on Ebay from Japan

Seen something of interest for sale for the Altezza on Ebay? Post it here
aln
Tezza Fanatic!

Turbo-kit on Ebay from Japan

Postby aln » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:46 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-280HP-HKS-GT- ... dZViewItem

Any good?

From the photo you can see it includes a "black box" but the description does not, think I found the exact same kit on Yahoo in JPY aswell.

I got a Triptronic version of the Altezza would an Apexa II sort out the ECU requirements? Anyone know any decent fitters in Ireland and how much it would total?

Cheers
A :wink:
I want to go fast...

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm

You still have to get your hands on an intercooler though, and they aint cheap, you'd nearly be as well of going to the likes of prolex who'll give you the full kit and at least if anything goes wrong you dont have to go looking for some guy in japan

Just my two cents but I could be wrong
300 rwhp thanks to

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:35 pm

talk to elexes, he,s your man on turbo kits.
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:43 pm

its very cheap for the things that are comming with it but

its working out close to 2k euros which is very cheap

the fmic isnt very expensive but you might have to alter your front bumper for it .

fitting the turbo isnt exactly rocket sience lots of people in ireland could do this just depends where your from . as for how the tip version would be affected im not 100% sure as ive never dirven the tip altezza and wouldnt be confident in giving you adice on how yours will react to the extra power . but im sure whoever is going to fit it for you will tell you what probloms your going to face before you do it

but you will need a new cluch / flywheel .

im trying to find the list i have of how much the bits and pieces can ruffely cost but i cant see it.

i dont think you would actually get 280bhp from this kit

your exhaust would also have to be replaced with a much bigger one
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

there is at least 1 toms 280t which is tiptronic.
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Bobby wrote:there is at least 1 toms 280t which is tiptronic.

sounds like my ideal car :D

pyro3113
Noob!

Postby pyro3113 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:11 am

Noel wrote:

:shock: bite your tongue! as far as im concerned ure not really "driving" a car if it's auto... dont even like the idea... u have soooo much more control over your car if it's manual... not even tip... i dont think i personally will ever drive another automatic...
this kit seeeems god but it also does not come with ecu (not listed at least) and that's another $500 minimum (not sure how much an e-manage would cost in europe) but the better choice would be an Apexi Power FC + Commander. this will eliminate any issues the tip box and ecu would have with the added power but then again the power fc does not work with the auto box...

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:52 am

pyro3113 wrote:
Noel wrote:

:shock: bite your tongue! as far as im concerned ure not really "driving" a car if it's auto... dont even like the idea... u have soooo much more control over your car if it's manual... not even tip... i dont think i personally will ever drive another automatic...
this kit seeeems god but it also does not come with ecu (not listed at least) and that's another $500 minimum (not sure how much an e-manage would cost in europe) but the better choice would be an Apexi Power FC + Commander. this will eliminate any issues the tip box and ecu would have with the added power but then again the power fc does not work with the auto box...

Have you actually driven an RS200 tiptronic :? if not ... shut your hole :!:

FYI - Brashboy in Japan have modified the power FC to work with auto's :wink:

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 am

there is a greddy bolt on kit in nengun that i ve been looking at for about 1600 with intercooler and ecu ,anybody know anything about this kit,i know one of the lads on here has a greddy turbo,maybe he can help a little as regards what power he s getting out of it and what else he s done to it to make it right.
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

pyro3113
Noob!

Postby pyro3113 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Noel wrote:
pyro3113 wrote:
Noel wrote:

Have you actually driven an RS200 tiptronic :? if not ... shut your hole :!:

FYI - Brashboy in Japan have modified the power FC to work with auto's :wink:

consider my hole open cuz i HAVE driven a tiptronic RS200. i think they're sluggish and the tiptronic shifting is certainly nothing to write home about... but dont all the auto owners get riled up this is just my personal opinion... having driven both auto and manual i can safely say that in comparison the manual is definitely more of an exciting car to drive and performs much much better. u can probably say that about almost any sports car that has both manual and auto boxes to choose from though.

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:50 pm

lex looter wrote:there is a greddy bolt on kit in nengun that i ve been looking at for about 1600 with intercooler and ecu ,anybody know anything about this kit,i know one of the lads on here has a greddy turbo,maybe he can help a little as regards what power he s getting out of it and what else he s done to it to make it right.

noel was only joking . but id agree.. ur not driving when ur noel :p

the greddy / trust kit is good for about 250bhp. from what i rember being told the manifold of that kit isnt well made and cant take much abuse .

but ur getting what ur paying for
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:14 pm

elexes wrote:

noel was only joking . but id agree.. ur not driving when ur noel :p

Sorry Ian, but something lost in translation there???

I know Manuals have better performance... it was by driving a manual RS200 that made my mind up not to get an IS200, but i test drove a tiptronic just to see and fell in love with it as i needed a daily driver and with a mix of town & countryside driving it's just perfect for my needs.... for example, auto's never stall, if there's a gap in traffic then go for it without worrying of the car bogging down or stall or perhaps if you picked 3rd instead of 1st.... have done it in the past with other cars and then ended up in the way and embarrassed :oops:

So a Tom's turbo with a tiptronic would be even better as a daily driver as i previously stated.... I've gone past the "my balls are bigger than yours "stage so have no desire to debate with anyone over the merits of only real hard men drive manuals.... :roll: my next car will also be a tiptronic

regards
Noel
Last edited by Noel on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I agree with Noel on this one. If you spend a lot of time sitting in traffic then a tiptronic is the way forward, I've often cursed my racing clutch while sitting in traffic for an hour!

@ Pyro a lot of the supercars and the like all come with tiptronic boxes, would you say that some one who drives a ferrari with an automatic box isn't cool? He'd still leave any of us sitting at the traffic lights auto an all. When your car does 200mph and 0-100Km/h in 3.5 seconds you don't really have time to worry about clutching and changing gears. All the WRC are also tiptronic because their gearboxes can change gears before you even press the clutch to the floor, all the F1 cars are also tiptronic. Are rally and F1 drivers not really "driving" either???

pyro3113
Noob!

Postby pyro3113 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 pm

i hope nobody thinks im bashing people with tiptronic cars... that's not what im trying to say... but in the same respect comparing those tiptronic boxes in altezzas to those in ferrari's is like comparing a bulldog and a kitten..... i know there are circumstances where the auto-manual box is way better for performance than a manual transmission say with 4000hp funny cars or rally cars where the driver needs to concentrate more on corners than clutching, finding a gear and rev-matching if necessary... but that's in the world of motorsport... and ferrari's DO come with manual gearboxes as optional but their auto-manual box is so advanced compared to any other auto box around that it's an advantage to have that instead of the manual... and i do agree that sitting in traffic with a manual is indeed a major pain in the a** but i've lived on a stock clutch but i am getting the toda steel clutch soon so im sure i'll be cursing my clutch as much as anyone else...

but newayz we're steering way off topic here so if anything we can start a new thread in general discussion and find out other peoples' opinions or let's just end right here.

as far as that turbo kit it seems like good bang for ur buck but i've heard that the apexi kit is the way to go... i myself will be going a custom route once i have the funds available as i dont see 70bhp increase for $6000+ to be worth it personally... so i will be looking for much much more... my apoligies for this uber-long post...

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:07 am

Don't confuse the "DSG-type manuals with paddle shift & real clutches" with the "tiptronics that are just autos with manual controls"

The quickshifting manuals are solid drivetrain all the way through, but the Toyota tiptronics are slushy autos with torque converters and a gearbox full of brake bands.

WRC use the DSG type as far as I know, and the Aussie V8Supercars have started using them this year. I would LOVE one in an Altezza!

Return to “Ebay links”