Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza Club @ Toyotafest

Place to throw up any good videos or pics you might have come across
thunderbird2
Noob!

Altezza Club @ Toyotafest

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:55 am

Here's a few pics you peeps might enjoy of some of our club members at the annual Toyotafest show here in Sydney. It is a show for modified Toyota's that is in it's fifth year, and it is put on by the Toymods Club

The car at the top/right, (not surprisingly the star of the show) is affectionately known as IS1000 - it's a Sport Luxury IS200 with a 1000hp 2JZGTE. It is built for the drag strip - details of the buildup here. Brett who built the car runs All Style Automotive and is one of our club's main supporters. He also built the 1JZ powered IS200 you will see to the left of IS1000, which is owned by another of our members. It has dyno'd at 300rwkw. The last pic is another of our esteemed member's, Mos, who has a 1UZ V8 powered IS200, a conversion he did himself:

Last edited by thunderbird2 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunderbird2
Noob!

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:59 am

Sadly, our trifecta of Awesome Altezza's was not completed - one of the few RS200's here in Sydney is still in the workshop having it's TRD quad throttle bodies fitted. Still, should be a good show next year with this and many more modded Altezza's in the works.

Because there will no doubt be requests, here's some more pics of Brett's amazing Altezza drag car (which is being road registered btw :D ). This car has been built to set a new quarter mile record for a street registered Lexus.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:27 am

That IS1000 is some animal. Must be like a rocket to drive. The 1JZ and the 1UZ look like they were ment to be there. Very factory looking.

thunderbird2
Noob!

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:10 am

Yeah, Brett is very particular about that. The 1J uses the IS300 engine mounts, but sits lower than the 2J in the IS300. Both of course make the car a little heavier in the front end than the BEAMS motor, but the trade off it lots of power and LOTS of torque.

Myself and one of the other guys in our club had a brief ride in IS1000 around the block. It didn't straighten up/hook up until 3rd gear. I just couldn't stop laughing, and no, the NOS wasn't engaged :D
In fact, it was only running about 8psi. Astonishing stuff. You look at that big turbo and you think, lag, than massive power, but it's nothing like that, just instant revs, instant power.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 pm

I want i want! i want. Need some Forced Induction big time!

Return to “Pic & video vault”