Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

throttle body

Looking for a part? dunno where to get it in Ireland? Ask here
dots
Tezza Fanatic!

throttle body

Postby dots » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:50 pm

rite worst case sinerio im goin to have to replace my throttle body as its not openin the full way, full strip on it an no joy on sorting it, there is about 20mm slack between throttle cable springcoil and throttle body trap couldnt find anyway of reducin the slack as there is no adjustable peices inside the housin, anyone now how much $$$$$$$$ for new one :( :(
DOTS

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:00 am

Right- If I solve it you can slip me half the price of a new TB... :D

Is the cable wound around the TB ring the same way as in the photo? I assume it is, I don't think it can be put on backwards. make sure everything else in the photo looks just like that.

Undo nut A right to the bottom of the thread. You can slip the rubber cover off an take the nut right off the thread, but don't run the engine with it lying loose on the cable, it may prevent the throttle closing!

Then wind nut B down as far as it will go. Watch the TB ring as you do this, and if the ring starts to rotate STOP and take B back up a bit. If the ring hasn't moved when nut B gets right down, fire it up and check what the revs do.

That should make sure that the cable opens the butterfly as soon as you push the pedal. If the ring is already moving when you touch the pedal then the problem is inside the TB. In that case you'll have to pull it all apart and post photos up here! :?

The return spring, if not broken, must be assembled incorrectly. Not wound around enough or mounted in the wrong hole or something simple to fix but hard to find.

Good luck!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:41 pm

about 900 euro from Toyota :shock:

dots
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby dots » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Dan wrote:about 900 euro from Toyota :shock:
rang toyota there 1064 euro thats a joke its only 280 for tb for a s14a turbo :( :( :( how can it be so much
DOTS

Return to “Where to buy??”