Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Custom Drift Steering Knuckles

Interested in setting upa group buy for a product? Post here
Pingu Is200
Noob!

Re: Custom Drift Steering Knuckles

Postby Pingu Is200 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm

nope aint got nothing in the messages dave
Charged-Is200

tezza21
Trc On!

Postby tezza21 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 am

is there any sets of these left

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:01 pm

yes there are a few more made now and they will be constantly available. decided to purchase a cnc machining centre of my own so any cnc work can be carried out .

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 am

Right, I had a chance to test fit these and here are the problems that I came across from my point of view.

You have at least 3 things stopping you from getting more lock.

First is the coilover support bracket, which as you can see I have filed away to get more clearance.

After that you have the droplink nut and the tension rod getting in the way.

My plan is to try and flip the rod ends left to right, so you have the kink to clear the lower arm. Then tap the inside of the lca that the droplink goes though and you should gain a bit more clearance.

Dave, possible alter the design to have more clearance

Also if you can drop the tie rod lower, you can also gain more clearance and reduce bump steer

Not too bad for a first run though. Car feels bloody awesome. All of you guys who aren't after too much lock can safely go with these for daily driving. The handling is pretty damn good. For drifters....more work is definitely needed

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 am

well pete good to see you have them fitted. thanks for the pm letting me know of the issues you were having before posting here. :) rite ..... they are made to the drawing spec you sent to me with 100% compliance. ive checked every dimension. if you give me a drawing to make a part ill make it to the exact size. so maybe alter your drawing and i can make exactly what you want. im kind of puzzled here.how did the russian lads use them knuckles from figs without having to alter them? have had feedback from 2 lads drifting tezzas and they have had no problem whatsoever and didnt have to touch the knuckle with a file. maybe you could let me know what you want to do. i think you are getting confused with their purpose. they are quick steer knuckles not extra lock knuckles. as ive said previously the extra lock is next to work with. any redesigning and altering of part i will gladly do. just let me know what it is that you want me to do.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:05 am

Haha. I think you misunderstood. The knuckles are fine and awesome. No work required to the current ones. :wink: Leave them as they are.

I am already jumping ahead and thinking of ideas for ones to get more lock, hence the little explanation above to keep you in the loop. Ive got a pretty different suspension setup from standard ;) hence some filing was needed.

I will start working on a new design over winter and get you to make them up

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:24 am

ah i see i see i see.my apologies. thought you were unhappy with them. :) well what you do is work on drawing what you want and ill make a one off set for you free of charge for your awkward setup.ha ha . purchasing my own machine soon so will have loads of time to mess around with it :)

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Deal ;)

Pingu Is200
Noob!

Postby Pingu Is200 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:16 pm

these turnd up this afternoon Very impressed

Charged-Is200

starletburkie
Trc Off

Postby starletburkie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Story with these? Any for sale

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Sat May 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Any of these for sale and what are they like :) are they ok for daily driving ??
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:52 am

Daveo still makes them, I think. Give him a shout. They are fine for daily driving.

Steroidchickens
Noob!

Postby Steroidchickens » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:36 am

Are these still available, or anyone know brands. Sent a pm but no reply. Struggling to find knuckles for my is
Will jzx fit?

raz128
Noob!

Postby raz128 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 am

Steroidchickens wrote:Are these still available, or anyone know brands. Sent a pm but no reply. Struggling to find knuckles for my is
Will jzx fit?

I got a set from Daveo about 3 months ago, try contact him via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lexi.break.3
Failing that, pm me for his email address.

They're absolutley awesome and coupled with a 'wheels in motion' geometry settings, the handling and turning is sharp like a sports car should be!
Main thing I found when fitting them:
It's necessary to have height-adjustable suspension as the effect of putting these on will push the hub further up into the wheel arch. ie. The car is going to sit lower after installation; I had to raise the height of the springs on my coilovers to get the car back to the pre-installation height.

JARRODIIS
Noob!

Postby JARRODIIS » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Looks like I'm not the only one two years too late to the party... Does this guy still make the knuckles? Interested in the second set that reduces/eliminates Ackerman.

Return to “Group buys”