Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

toe!!!

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
99tezza
Trc Off

toe!!!

Postby 99tezza » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am

so ive searched and searched no luck...im trying to find some kind of guide on how to adjust the toe. im in okinawa japan and for those of you who been here know just how hard and expensive is to do a wheel alignment...now my tezz dropped bout 1.5-2 inches and theres a lil bit of camber but as i did some research camber isnt really responsible for inner tire wear more than toe is...so before i spend 300-400 dollars on upper arms to adjust the camber i would like to adjust the toe and see what happends..any help would be great. thanks

**EDIT**
ok so i got some info on the toe adjustment...
now here the new ??? does neg. camber cause major inner tire wear? from my research i found that if the toe is good the tire will wear evenly for the most part. is this true or am i wrong. thanks

caltezza
Trc On!

Re: toe!!!

Postby caltezza » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm am in the exact same position as you. I've just put coil overs one and put a noticeable amount of camber on the rear. I have not noticed much un-even ware yet but has only been done a couple of months but i plan to go lower and more camber so I am also in need of advice for toe.

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah it sucks. Well from what I've researched online if u have some camber but ur toe is zeroed out ur tires won't wear that bad. N by some I mean a lil bit if the only part of the tire that's touching the ground is the inner part then yeah that's the only part that's gonna wear. But if ur toe is off ur tires will get destroyed. And when u lower a car all that stuff changes. I found a guy that's gonna do it the old school way for cheap. So I will try some stuff out.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 am

No you need more toe to counteract the camber, putting the toe to 0 would result in massive camber wear, best bet is to get the 4 wheel super tracking done and get the camber to the standard setting's first then work on the toe, if you can't get the camber to manufactures spec then would go for a bit more toe where applicable

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 pm

I think figs do adjustable toe arms as well as camber, don't know what importing parts to Japan from the us is like though.
Not sure what jap companies make them.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm

although you should have some camber adjustment on the coilovers depending on make/price

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:22 pm

@mike
so i need pos. or neg. toe to counteract the camber. and they only way to get the camber to standard settings would be to pick the car up wich would change when i lower the car again. what i need to do is do an alignment with the current height since thats not gonna chance. correct?

@tomo
from what ive searched all the upper arms which adjust the camber are neg. adjustments only which is not what i need. i need pos. adjustments to counteract the neg. camber im getting from the car being lowered. now if i have some neg. camber (which right now its not that much) would that make the inner part of my tires wear alot, or should it wear pretty evenly???

@mike
i though that altezzas dont have camber adjustments at the coilovers regardless of make/price. i currently have silk road section ra8 and they bout 1800 usd...they were already installed on the car when i bought it but i havent checked to see if they do have camber adjustment...im i wrong about the altezzas not having camber adjustment at the coilover???

thanks guys.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:05 pm

no the height you are wanting the car would be fine, just need to do the toe and camber, I have seen some coil's with the camber I'm 100% sure, think if I remember it was the top mount's that are camber adjuster's, not sure how far out you car is but may need aftermarket parts as the altezza's I think only cover a small range up to about 30mm of lowering I think they can handle 8)

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 pm

No altezzas don't have camber adjustment on the top mounts because of the suspension setup. There is minor adjustment on the lower arm bolts but not enough when the car is lowered a lot. You can get fully adjustable rear lower arms from figs. and fully adjustable upper arms for the front not sure where from though.
I haven't got any of these fitted to my car so I don't know what the difference feels like first hand but I have fitted them to a freinds car which has been of the road not long after it was adjsted with new tyres so can't comment on tyre wear either. he did say the car feels a lot better and more planted though.

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 am

yeah my rears are fine they arent wearing all that bad. but my fronts are. i checked my suspension and i didnt find anything to do any adjustments. i know that cusco and some other brands make the front upper arms to adjust the camber but like i said they all say negative adjustments. and i need postivie. im gonna do a wheels alignment and get some tires and see what happens i think thats the only way i can go before i start spending 3-4 hundred dollars on parts i might not need.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 am

Seen them camber kit's on ebay, although they look good if you hit a bump in the road too quick or even kiss a cerb would think it would knock out you camber pritty quick with just 4 allen key's holding it in place, would need to find someone who has these to verify but if that was me would put the car to a height acceptable for the suspension set up to put the right amount of camber on, but you could as said before can correct camber with toe but would wear tyres down very quickly and also would really need some castor correction aswell, but would be a win win situation if you want the car said height 8)

have a look here would correct you camber situation but same as above reason
http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_4 ... ory_2/3286

they also do a few more if you have a look around the site, don't forget is200 definatly and is300 (not too sure but most part's the same) should be looked at aswell not just altezza's hth :wink:

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:50 am

hey mike thanks for all your help...ill look into it...thanks bro...

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”