Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Front shock same as is200/300?

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 am

Need front shocks for the car enquired trough motorfactors had no listing on altezza he said one brand came up as €500. Just checking to see if the is200/is300 are the same??

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:47 am

Ya they are the same. Everything in the suspension is the same as IS200

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:58 am

Sound job I will order them so. Not a great time of the year to be getting them thats why I am not looking at the top end of shocks. I also hit another fkn pothole at the weekend and damage an alloy I previously damaged so I have them to add to the bill aswell. :cry: :cry:. But this time it means war I am going after county council f**k them.

Dan
Site Admin

Re: Front shock same as is200/300?

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:17 pm

shocks are less than 200 euro from toyota, pm 3S-GE he works for toyota

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:04 am

Ya the toyota one are very reasonable. I will still have to leave them untill after christmas :cry: (my man cant fit them untill the new year anyway). I can get them trough the trade at work thanks.

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 pm

lakerslady wrote:Sound job I will order them so. Not a great time of the year to be getting them thats why I am not looking at the top end of shocks. I also hit another fkn pothole at the weekend and damage an alloy I previously damaged so I have them to add to the bill aswell. :cry: :cry:. But this time it means war I am going after county council f**k them.

definitely go to the council !!!! i wrecked 8 alloys in total travelling on the sugar roads to my girlfriends house and the potholes were horrendous, the one i kept goin into was nearly a foot and a half deep and 3 feet wide and the road is too narrow to avoid them when you meet on coming traffic so i went to the council (fingal co co) to see what they what they were gonna do and they told me they were gonna do sweet fa about it so i told them i was gonna take them to the small claims court, you dont have to pay legal fees if you lose in the small claims court. make sure you report it first and then get straight out to take lots of photos of the potholes and bring a ruler with you to give the photo some size perspective.

to bring this long story to an end i put a claim in for a €1,000 and they tried to bully me into not pursuing it but in the end i managed to get 650 quid off them.

i think i still have my claim letter in the house some where so if you want me to email it to ya or anythin just PM me.

dont let the f***ers away wit it !! :twisted:

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 am

Maybe just the springs are different then, but there is a lot of ride height difference between the two cars... The IS200 is miles higher!

The antiroll bars are different diameters too, the IS are a lot thinner.

The factory shocks are apparently made by KYB, and they have a replacement that in NZ is worth about 150pounds for all 4.

http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.p ... topic=3287

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am

Conor Mc wrote:Make sure you report it first and then get straight out to take lots of photos of the potholes and bring a ruler with you to give the photo some size perspective.

Keep a log of all dealings you have with them, in case you do need to go to court.
I'd also add to that to get on to your local councillors, after reporting it to the council. That somtimes speeds things up.

R.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:45 pm

I have got the front shocks from Toyota fitted and all used the lowering spring that were in.
definitely go to the council !!!!

Just an update I have gone to the county council and it was a good result got the price of 2 wheel and tyres off them Happy Days :lol: :lol:

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:51 pm

deadly !! well done girl it pays to put those feckers under a bit of pressure !! :twisted:

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”