Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

What's the difference? And...

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
iansartoria
Trc Off

What's the difference? And...

Postby iansartoria » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Ok this may be a simple straight forward question but i am just curious, what is the difference between the following:

* Front strut bar
* Front triangle type
& * Front triangle type + BCS?

Now i can see from pictures what i would assume each in turn is 'better' in preventing chassis role? Can someone confirm this and let me know what BCS is and what does it do? Also is it worth getting the latter or will the standard front strut bar do the same job? (this will be for 90% street driving if that makes a difference)

This will most likely be the first mod i will be doing (along with a few 'cheap' TRD bits, i.e. air filter, thermostat, oil filter, maybe a sway bar front and rear and maybe some new spark plugs and engine oils)

And... I will most likely be getting the lightweight flywheel and upgrading the clutch within the first few months and wondering what parts do i need to completely replace the clutch, i.e. disk, cover, line, etc?

Cheers guys :)

t_sport190
Trc Off

Re: What's the difference? And...

Postby t_sport190 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Cant say what a 3 point triangle strut bar is like, if normal driving then i guess stick to 2 point strut bar unless the triangle one costs only a little more, the bcs reduces bulkhead flex & chances of the brake servo to deflect under heavy braking. good feature sadly i cant find any for the GXE10 IS200 as there only made for the RS200 oh it does improve brake pedal firmness, dont know of the clutch as i never got one upgraded or replaced.
Image Image

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 am

A two point strut brace is sufficient for street use. 3 point are usually quiet a bit more expensive but worth it if you're seeing regular track time. The brake master cylinder stopper is another thing that is designed for track use. You just wouldn't brake that hard on the the street. My HKS strut brace has one but I can't say I noticed any difference. Altezza's have great brakes you don't have to stand on.
If you're spending 90% of your time on the st then I'd look at a rear strut brace & stiffer rear sway bar to start with. If that doesn't satisfy you then invest in some chassis braces. I assume your car is lowered already?

Why do you want a TRD thermostat? Save your money & invest in some iridium plug, high flow air filter & 4-2-1 manifold. Also replace all your engine, diff & gearbox oil with fully synthetic oils.

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, think i will just stick to the 2 point bar and then concentrate under the car for now. Was no reason for the thermostat, just reading about them and thought it may be a good thng to have :)

And i don't actually have the car just yet, my deposit is down for importing one but wanted to get a few things before it arrives as i can get them fitted for free once it does get here (as opposed to buying them later and then having to pay for labour).

Thanks again :)

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm

If you want to make the cooling system work more efficiently just get a TRD high pressure radiator cap. Cheaper & easier to fit.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”