Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Handling

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
bobaltezza
Trc On!

Handling

Postby bobaltezza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:10 am

could anyone help me. when i drive on a bumpy road or at speed the back of the car waves side to side. anyone know what could be wrong? had the 4wheel allignment done today but didnt fix it

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:52 am

its a rear wheel drive!!!! standard shocks are bouncy as f*** on sugar roads

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:18 am

im guessing your driving with traction controle

the car is going to one side the engine is making slight adjustments to keep the power to both wheels so they wont spin
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

bobaltezza
Trc On!

Postby bobaltezza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:38 pm

traction control is off. my garage said it could be the tyres. i changed the wheels this evening so ill see how it goes. dont think its the shocks. when i hit a dip in the road the back of the car was kicking to the right.

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:57 pm

dont mind that garage they havent a clue .You have a good mehanic on it now he'll sort it haha :wink:
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:24 am

When I got my wheels aligned they managed to leave the upper wishbone lose (forget which side) and the back of the car was trying to steer itself. Made for some hairy driving. Worth a look.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:51 pm

What state are your tyres in, i know its an obvious one but you'd be surprised...

Also is the car lowered, if it is and its really low, like mine your standard camber kit won't compensate for this lowering and the wheels will angle out not great for bumpy roads cos if you lose grip on one side because of the camber the wheel tends to slip causing the back end to kick out a bit, dosen't help if your tyres are gettin to the end either
Kerry Rep

bobaltezza
Trc On!

Postby bobaltezza » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:37 pm

only lowered 30mm. everything showed up green on the tracking. i changed the back wheels yesterday but it still kicks out. markrs200 is goin looking at it during the week for me to see if there is anything else worn.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:59 am

I have a similar problem but not as bad as what your describing. The back end tends to wander around a bit but mostly on very bumpy roads. Mine is caused by too much rear camber.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”