Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Tyre catching wheel arch one side???

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:01 pm

id take it to a pannel beater to look at it i dont think the camber is off it looks like the rear sub frame is over to one side
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm

Don't think its a camber problem. The right wheel looks to have very little camber and same as the left. Just looks like the wheel is too far out.

There isnt by any chance a spacer on the hub as maybe the previous owner put spacers on the back and the left one was taken off but the right one is still in place. It looks like its about 10mm out

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Negative camber would actually help stop it rubbing in this case :wink:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:30 pm

Is there anyway it could be a hub???? I will take it to someone else to check camber again he obviously didnt f***ing know what he was at. When i went the first time to check it before I damaged the front wheel he said everthing was ok but the spoke in my steering was slightly off to the right it wasnt like that when I left it in & english wasnt his first language & off course "boss" wasnt there when I went back.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:28 pm

looks like camber is out on the rear right. is there any innner tyre wear on this wheel?

Just to answer ur question dan the tyre is only on the car 2 weeks so it very hard to tell nothing visable yet.......

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:50 pm

great place in Dublin i got my geometry done, but i know thats a bit of a trip for ya! Unless you plan on a trip up to the big smoke for some xmas shopping!

From what ive gathered, bigger wheels/tyres than standard lowered suspension etc drastically mess with the geometry of the car and if the place you go to doesnt take all these factors into consideration, the could actually worsen things on your car. There is a guy in UK, Tony" the Doctor" he owns a company called wheels in motion, maybe sign up to his forum and tell him you were talking to me and he may have some possible solutions to problem.

link:
http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

He is the Godfather when it comes to chassis calibration and troubleshooting handling problems

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Dan, went back with my tyre today to get re-fitted & to recheck the camber the "boss" was there today and he rechecked everything. He has told me the camber is fine its my spacer behide the alloy that the problem.

It because it deep dish there a spacer to stop it hitting off the caliper.

So I hope thats the answer to my problems but I cant remove it of I will hit the caliper. I have made up my mind to get new alloy in the new year. I was hoping to get deep dish again but I dont think I can :cry: . Thats where my xmas money in going I wouldnt be going to the big smoke. Not much of a shopper (I know I must be one of the few women that hates shopping) I would prefer my car being 100%.

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:41 pm

aha.... by having the spacer your offset of 43 is reduced by the width of the spacer .... so i was right, your actual ET is in the 30's :P

could get the arches rolled :wink: ... or sell those alloys and get ones that fit next time :lol:

they are nice alloys though... 8)

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Oh I already have a buyer for the alloys my mate has a trike he will take the 4 wheels he will have 2 good wheels & a spare he can leave the one that got hit by the pothole to one side. I just didnt want to fork out money for 18" and have the same problem. The wheels came with the car.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”