Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Knocking Sound

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Knocking Sound

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got a '98 Altezza in from Japan last week. There's a knocking sound coming from the back when I go round corners at low speed. It only happens
when I accelerate around corners, if I coast round there's no noise. It's especially bad when turning the car around ie. full lock and accelerating. It's says on the spec that there's a TRD uprated LSD on it, I was also told that if there's a 2 way diff on it that it'll make that sound. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Dizz
Site Admin

Re: Knocking Sound

Postby Dizz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:46 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:Hi everyone,

Just got a '98 Altezza in from Japan last week. There's a knocking sound coming from the back when I go round corners at low speed. It only happens
when I accelerate around corners, if I coast round there's no noise. It's especially bad when turning the car around ie. full lock and accelerating. It's says on the spec that there's a TRD uprated LSD on it, I was also told that if there's a 2 way diff on it that it'll make that sound. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Welcome to the site mate!

Sounds like it's the diff alright, would be quite common with a 2 way & all you can do is put up with it I'm afraid unless you were to swap back to a standard LSD...

sully07
Trc Off

Postby sully07 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:34 pm

dont worry my sounds like that to, had it checked and it was fine, the price you 4 upgrades :lol:

Bobby
South East Rep

Re: Knocking Sound

Postby Bobby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:44 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:Hi everyone,

yea its just your diff dont worry about it. if ya don't like i know a lad with a standard diff who might swap :|
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”