Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Chassis Braces

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Chassis Braces

Postby Tezzy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:23 am

while servicing the car a few months I saw a metal TRD badge on the front subframe of the car. i was in a rush at the time as my uncle needed the pit space it and didnt do much investigating.

Anyway i was droppng the oil out of it last night again and decided to have a look under the mud trays and found it was a brace running from the subframe out to the chassis near the mudflaps. so that's another nice surprise along with the short shifter i never knew i had :) :oops:

Theres a pic of it bout half way down the page on this link:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/trd_altezza.shtml

Theres another brace on the back kinda like the one in that link but the bracing is diagonal like an X. is the rear brace standard on them? was never underneath one apart from my own

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:45 am

Nice one... :D

no braces fitted as standard.... :cry:

wonder were they put on in Japan or did the person in the UK do it? :?

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 pm

You seem to have the rear brace too but prob a different make. The rear underbrace is supposed to be very effective

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Noel wrote:
wonder were they put on in Japan or did the person in the UK do it? :?

i'd say japan, there were 2 owners in england and i got receipts for most of the work done there. The seller didn't mention any work like that done. It'd be interesting to drive a tezza without braces to see if it's noticeably different

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Result :!: :!: :wink:

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:18 pm

The car im waiting on has braces underneath, uptop front and back, they'll be coming off for Esva purposes so im looking forward to seeing the diffrence with and without them!

I have a few pics of them if anybody would like to see

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:09 pm

pics please!

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Once the cars over here ill get it lifted up and get proper pics of the underbody one before it comes of :)

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:19 pm

Nice! seems like uprated ARB's too! Only problem with rear Chassis brace is,it does reduce ground clearance so you might see problems clearing big ramps etc. Do you have a rear strut brace on it too?

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:22 pm

theres not one in the pics i have so im assuming its just the front thts braced, not sure if theres an uprated rear ARB though as i cant find a pic of it

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:26 pm

Heres the only pic i can find in which u can make out the rear belly of the car (well kinda) i cant seem 2 see any unprated ARB

And if any1s any idea what this is, help! I really cant make it out :?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:26 pm

Well maybe there is no need for them ,maybe the handling is spot on the way it is. when ur putting them back on you should add one thing at a time and see if you notice the difference in handling. Have u got a factory front ARB to change it back to standard for the ESVA?

And where is that last picture taken from? front or back of the car?

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Dan wrote:Well maybe there is no need for them ,maybe the handling is spot on the way it is. when ur putting them back on you should add one thing at a time and see if you notice the difference in handling. Have u got a factory front ARB to change it back to standard for the ESVA?

Good pont mate :shock: ill need a standard ARB too, lol. I dont have 1 just now no, ill get around to putting up wanted posts on here and LOC as im also needing an exhaust (possibly springs and brake discs) wheels i can borrow from around my area....somewhere

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Dan wrote:And where is that last picture taken from? front or back of the car?

I have no idea :?

When i pick the car up ill put up pics of my own, i also wasnt sure of what the funky jap controller was next to the handbrake but i was told its for the Sat Nav which is no use anyways so ill mybe replace it with a cubbyhole or drinks holder
It left Japan on Tuesday morning and now i know its on its way time is going soooooo slow

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Actually its from the front,the black plastic is the belly pan.im thinking its some sort of oil cooler maybe. Ans its not very simple to replace the controller for sat nav as you will have to replace the entire centre console,unless you fabricate something yourself to cover it up

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”