Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

BC Racing Coilovers...F**KED

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

BC Racing Coilovers...F**KED

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Well lads and lassies, i collected my car from the garage this morning after dropping it in to get the "funny" noises outta the rear suspension looked at.

There dosen't seem to be anything wrong with the links,bushings,arms or anything like that, the only logical thing is that the rear coilovers are f**ked! The springs were set stiffer on the rear so the rear suspension was rock solid apparently and now they've given up the ghost so it looks like i need new suspension, as if things weren't bad enough already!!!

I don't know whether i should just go and see if i can buy whole new suspension or just replace the rear ones (which i imagine wud be a lot cheaper) as there dosen't seem o be anythin wrong with the front coilovers.

Any opinions???
Kerry Rep

donut46
Meath Rep

Re: BC Racing Coilovers...F**KED

Postby donut46 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

ill join the club rear hks coilovers f*** too!!! sick as a dog aswell as insurance and tax up going to be a lot of quiet saturdays in :( :( :lol: any suggestions on replacements too would be handy
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Well folks i feel like a bit of an idiot, my coilovers aren't totally f**ked its just the shocks. When i was adjusting the height that time to go up for the photo shoot i adjusted the wrong nuts, moving the top ones instead of the bottom ones! oops! :oops: niw the shocks need replacing but the rest of the coilover should be ok, cheaper than buying whole new coilovers but still sucks at €150 a shock! :roll:
Kerry Rep

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Ah thats good to hear, At leat you dont have to get all new rearn coilovers. . Good stuff :)
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Yea, feel like an idiot but at least its costing me less i suppose in the end
Kerry Rep

danmc
Trc Off

Postby danmc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:46 pm

exact same prob buddy. i thought my top wishbone ball joints where shagged aswel. but the bolt that adjusts the camber the egg shaped cam was loose that brought back in the camber but i burst my rear left coilover about 7 months ago and ive been driving with it since , u wont source individual 1s or rear ul have to buy the whole set id say.
Ya cant piss on what ya cant catch!!!!!!!

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm

danmc wrote:exact same prob buddy. i thought my top wishbone ball joints where shagged aswel. but the bolt that adjusts the camber the egg shaped cam was loose that brought back in the camber but i burst my rear left coilover about 7 months ago and ive been driving with it since , u wont source individual 1s or rear ul have to buy the whole set id say.

Bit of info since i havn't posted to this in ages, got it sorted, got 2 rear shocks and had them fitted no problem at all, only €200 for the two of them!
Kerry Rep

Dimis
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Dimis » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:38 pm

donut46 wrote:ill join the club rear hks coilovers f*** too!!! sick as a dog aswell as insurance and tax up going to be a lot of quiet saturdays in :( :( :lol: any suggestions on replacements too would be handy

Are you in general satisfied with the HKS coilovers? How many miles (kms) have you done with the specific coilovers? They are one my options since i intend to replace the Ksports i have on the car at the moment. What is your rate for the HKS? Are they the same with Tein standards?
Lexus IS200 Supercharger

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”