Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

roll cage

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
elexes
Altezza Guru

roll cage

Postby elexes » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:43 am

ye i want one but want to keep the car road legul . anyone know
1. anywhere that fits them
2. legal probloms
3. good ones to get
4. aprox costs
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:58 am

Cusco do a 4 point one. Not sure on the price.
Legality is a bit of a grey area and not sure on it. Think it has to fully padded to stop you hitting your head.
In the hyper rev book it has ones by Carbing,Dash and Top Secret but getting these might be a problem.
Might be a thing that you would have to look at getting it made but that will prob be expensive

Tez
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:00 am

ye cusco do a 6point bolt in cage thats all you will need your looking at around 700-900quid.

seamors200
Trc On!

Postby seamors200 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:25 pm

i remember a couple of years back finding out bout the legal end off it (might be changed now) but when enquiring bout it found out that ins comp,s wouldnt touch the car car cause if you hit someone or something yuor car is like a soild metal fridge i think they said to us. and that your liable to kill someone so id check with your ins comp first>
sideways/seamo

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:33 pm

i dont think the legality is really an issue, i have a good few friends wit cages in their cars and there is no prob wit the cops or gettin an nct. the main thing would be that it is securley fitted. theres hardly any laws on improving the safety of your vehicle :!:

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”