Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Coilover Fitting

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed May 09, 2007 10:53 pm

I've changed the suspension on all my cars and did a few friends cars too. As long as you take your time a watch what you are doing it will be easy. Double and tripple check everything before you finish

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed May 09, 2007 10:54 pm

Mr. Tezza wrote:
Dizz wrote:Suspension is a BITCH to do on the Altezza but nothing bad is going to happen from fitting your coilovers yourself (as long as u tighten all bolts lol) All the adjustments are at the shop & it's pretty obvious whether they're all even. Worst that can happen is uneven tyre wear & handling being off...

Any of the places that do tracking will do camber etc too

My mate said it was easy enough to be honest, i know of a good place down in bantry that do tracking so i'll prob tkae it down there afterwards, they got my mates S14 set up perfectly, he went to a few people and they cudn't do it properly...

Maybe mine was just a bitch then lol. I'm a mechanic & done fair few but found it a bitch getting my old shocks & springs out. Had to jump on the disc with all my weight while my mate had a big pry bar trying to get the bottom of the shock over & out of the bottom wishbone...

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Oh well now that dosen't sound like fun! Maybe urs was just stiff (lets hope anyway)???? Sure we'll see in a few weeks when i get my coilovers anyway i suppose!!!
Kerry Rep

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 pm

Its a bit easier if lowering springs are fitted. The shorter spring means less pressure when the shock is a full stroke so easier to move it out of the way

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed May 09, 2007 11:21 pm

endapender wrote:Its a bit easier if lowering springs are fitted. The shorter spring means less pressure when the shock is a full stroke so easier to move it out of the way

Ye they were easier to get back in after fitting the Tein springs I have to say. I'm sure the coilovers would be even easier to get in if you just adjust them right down first...

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 11:22 pm

endapender wrote:Its a bit easier if lowering springs are fitted. The shorter spring means less pressure when the shock is a full stroke so easier to move it out of the way

That cud be why my mate found it easier so... hope coilovers are similar!!!
Kerry Rep

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”