Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Coilover Fitting

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Coilover Fitting

Postby Gerbo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:23 am

Anybody know where I can get coilovers fitted and then the wheels aligned and how much it is going to cost?

Phoned First Stop and Advance Pitstop and they will not fit coilovers. Apparently fitting a coilover is different to fitting a shock :roll:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:54 am

Tuning factory off Kylemore does Tein coilovers for 850 Euro plus fitting. Give them a ring for exact prices

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm

cda will sell and fit them unsure of the prices but there very busy for next 6-8 weeks

018253949 - cda staff are dave / sunny / owners nick and ben cant rember the name of the mechanic .

im sure suped do them urban proformance . theres bound to be more places but ive never actuall bought anything from them
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Suped have closed for good unfortunately :(

anto
Dublin Rep

Postby anto » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:43 pm

Dan wrote:Suped have closed for good unfortunately :(

yeah close :( :(

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm gonna be fitting the coilovers i get myself, well wit a bit of help from a few of the lads i'll let ye know how i get on!!! gonna get the car balanced and tracked afterwards anyways cos she needs it!
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm

sorry for double posting i forgot about this thread. Just got onto the tuning factory there and got a price of 960 for D2 coilovers and fitting for approx 250. Camber can only be set visually as the dont have any equipment to do the laser alignment. Anyone know where i can get the laser alignment done?

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm

I was just gonna throw em in myself and get the car tracked and blanced afterwards... would that not sort out the camber and stuff of do i hav to get other stuff done to it eswell?
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 6:20 pm

not sure, i'd rather leave that up to the professionals! What happens if you dont put one on right? the wheels comes off, coilover snaps and car goes through a wall? I'd be kicking myself for a year saying " Why didnt i get the fitted professionally!!

I doubt coilovers are easy to fix!

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Dan wrote:not sure, i'd rather leave that up to the professionals! What happens if you dont put one on right? the wheels comes off, coilover snaps and car goes through a wall? I'd be kicking myself for a year saying " Why didnt i get the fitted professionally!!

I doubt coilovers are easy to fix!

Thanks for putting the fear of god into me about fitting these myself!!! Well my mate david is gonna help me and he's switched around the shocks in his car a few times so he knows what hes doin... i hope...

Cud just take it to xtreme and get it checked out afterward bit worried bout driving all the way up there after fittin them though! handling wud be fair dodgy wudn't it!
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Ha ha only buzzin, as you said they might not be set up right when u put them on and u could damage something or get a s@3! load of tyre wear or something. You could styick it on a trailer and bring it to them! How much would they charge to fit them?

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Dan wrote:Ha ha only buzzin, as you said they might not be set up right when u put them on and u could damage something or get a s@3! load of tyre wear or something. You could styick it on a trailer and bring it to them! How much would they charge to fit them?

Not sure how much they'd charge, she's already eating the outside of the left tyre! needs to be tracked anyway, hmmm trailer yea cud be done i know a few rally heads down here, it cud be done alrite mite ring xtreme 2morro and find out!
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 pm

let me know how you get on so.

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Suspension is a BITCH to do on the Altezza but nothing bad is going to happen from fitting your coilovers yourself (as long as u tighten all bolts lol) All the adjustments are at the shop & it's pretty obvious whether they're all even. Worst that can happen is uneven tyre wear & handling being off...

Any of the places that do tracking will do camber etc too

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Dizz wrote:Suspension is a BITCH to do on the Altezza but nothing bad is going to happen from fitting your coilovers yourself (as long as u tighten all bolts lol) All the adjustments are at the shop & it's pretty obvious whether they're all even. Worst that can happen is uneven tyre wear & handling being off...

Any of the places that do tracking will do camber etc too

My mate said it was easy enough to be honest, i know of a good place down in bantry that do tracking so i'll prob tkae it down there afterwards, they got my mates S14 set up perfectly, he went to a few people and they cudn't do it properly...
Kerry Rep

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”