Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Lowering Springs

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 pm

fill in your location . where do you live ?
if its near me ill take a few photos for ya
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:05 am

Fairplay there elexes thanks.. Its just that I havent gotten round to taking any fotos of it since I got it, apart from one in Donegal last weekend.
I'll take a few when am doing the springs and get them up this week... :)

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:15 am

where in meath . i pass through it quite reguarly .
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Fitted the Eibachs on Friday.. didn't lower the car by any discernable amount and ride quality hasn't suffered.. feels firmer on the road all the same :)

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Moe wrote:Fitted the Eibachs on Friday.. didn't lower the car by any discernable amount and ride quality hasn't suffered.. feels firmer on the road all the same :)

Mine was kind of the same but it settled after a while. Got a bit lower with driving so yours may be the same...

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Well Moe how are you finding the Eibachs? Recommended?

Im hoping to put a set of lowering springs onmine over the next month or 2 anybody have any recommendations given that im on crap country roads a lot of the time and i have 19 inch rimmage?

How are you getting on with yours Dizz?

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Tezzy wrote:Well Moe how are you finding the Eibachs? Recommended?

Im hoping to put a set of lowering springs onmine over the next month or 2 anybody have any recommendations given that im on crap country roads a lot of the time and i have 19 inch rimmage?

How are you getting on with yours Dizz?

Couldn't be happier with mine to be honest... Comfort increased & so did the handling slighty so it's a winner all round :D

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:02 pm

Ya I have to agree the car feels firmer but not hard or crashey on bad roads..still comfortable. If your looking to lower the rear though, these won't do it.

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:50 am

Moe wrote: If your looking to lower the rear though, these won't do it.

What do you mean? i was hoping to lower the whole car if possible :P

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:19 am

its does lower the whole car but not as much on the rear, i think its 35mm on the front and 23mm on the rear

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

By all accounts the best setup on the altezza is to have the front slightly lower than the back. Nose down kind of way. Supposed to give the best handling. Thats why most springs give a lower drop on the front than the back.
Only way to have an even sitting is coilovers

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 pm

endapender wrote:By all accounts the best setup on the altezza is to have the front slightly lower than the back. Nose down kind of way. Supposed to give the best handling. Thats why most springs give a lower drop on the front than the back.
Only way to have an even sitting is coilovers

I see, it'll probably prevent bottoming out a bit as well if i have a car full of pie-eaters at any stage.

Anyone have probs with rubbing after lowering? ive got 19s im not sure of the offsets but they're fairly flush with the lips of the wheelarch as is :?

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:21 pm

You might have to have the wheelarches rolled if its tight as it is. The offset should be stamped on the wheel probably on the inside..should see ET and a number. How wide are they Tezzy?

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Moe wrote:You might have to have the wheelarches rolled if its tight as it is. The offset should be stamped on the wheel probably on the inside..should see ET and a number. How wide are they Tezzy?

They were on the car when i got it they're 19 x 8 i think. the tyres are 225/35 profile and they're not stretched across the rim or anything if thats any indication.
Not sure off the offset must pull a wheel off to check.

I remember the guy selling it saying the arches were rolled, id need to check it against another Altezza to be sure though.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”