Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

D2 Coilovers

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Dizz
Site Admin

D2 Coilovers

Postby Dizz » Tue May 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Thinking of getting a set of these, can get them at a good price. Anyone any experience of them?

My mate had them fitted to his Starlet & it transformed the handling but was a bit rough on bumps etc but we were informed that this partly had to do with the size of the car & stiffness etc. Another person I know had them on a Supra & said they were savage, comfy too.

Anyone seen them on an Altezza?

D2 Racing Coilovers Feature:
- Fully adjustable (36-way dampening(51mm shocks), and ride height)
- Custom spring rates (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)
- Pillow ball mounts included w/ camber plates!
- Telflon-coated threads
- Flawless CNC finish
- 2 Keys for adjusting ride height
- Carefully matched spring and damper rates
- 1 year warranty

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue May 01, 2007 11:24 pm

Have no experience with them but heard good things about them. Good quality too.Its good that you can get them with different spring rates rather than just set by the manufacturer. What kind of money do they go for

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm

The BC Racing ones i'm thinking of gettin from CDA are supposed to be better, in they're view anyway, send them a pm and ask them about them...
Kerry Rep

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 am

Mr. Tezza wrote:The BC Racing ones i'm thinking of gettin from CDA are supposed to be better, in they're view anyway, send them a pm and ask them about them...

To be honest you'd kinda expect them to say that seen as they sell BC Racing & not D2s... I'd go more by other people's experiences than by what a shop tells you.

Retail price for the D2 Coilover set is €960 through Tuning Factory in Dublin ;)

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed May 02, 2007 10:34 pm

They told me that they did D2 coilovers eswell... i dunno but i saw a review on them from an EVO website in the states eswell and they pretty much said they were a lot better than they thought they'd be... i dunno its up 2 you its ur car at the end of the day, personnally i dunno what i'm gettin at this stage a mate of mine is after puttin nme off fullt adjustable coilovers
Kerry Rep

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”