Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rear Brakes

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
cathal
Trc Off

Rear Brakes

Postby cathal » Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Just going to throw this out there,

Has anyone looked into changen the rear cailpers to something similar to the new cars where the hand break is built into the cailper?

This way we could get rid of the shoes which id say everyone loves

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Rear Brakes

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri May 06, 2016 9:59 am

Why do you want to get rid of the shoes for handbrake? It is a much better system having the brakes and handbrake separate rather than having the handbrake on the same caliper IMO! :)

tommysheen
Trc Off

Postby tommysheen » Sat May 07, 2016 1:37 pm

The handbrake in the shoes is ten times better than the handbrake would be if twas on the calliper unless you put a hydraulic handbrake on it. Less to go wrong with the standard set up too

cathal
Trc Off

Postby cathal » Sat May 07, 2016 5:27 pm

tommysheen wrote:The handbrake in the shoes is ten times better than the handbrake would be if twas on the calliper unless you put a hydraulic handbrake on it. Less to go wrong with the standard set up too
RS Tom-Hundred wrote:Why do you want to get rid of the shoes for handbrake? It is a much better system having the brakes and handbrake separate rather than having the handbrake on the same caliper IMO! :)

you guys may think so but i hate shoes with a passion, also i would have no problem putting in anthor cailper for the hand break, as for the hydro would be great but sadly it wont pass NCT without the shoes been there aswell, only time i use handbrake would be parked and leaven in gear dose the same job really

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”