Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Grooved/dimpled - Same Brakes As Lexus?

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Grooved/dimpled - Same Brakes As Lexus?

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Couple of questions to double check please?

I'm under the impression that my Altezza RS200 brakes are the same as the Lexus IS200. My fronts are double piston calipers (side by side) and the backs are two piston (one acting on either side of the disk).

Also, has anyone got any experience with grooved/dimpled disks please? Looking at various options at the minute but saw these and knowing that Mintex pads are good from previous expeience I wondered whether they would fit and whether to go for it!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291359438113?_tr...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Who has used grooved/dimpled discs please? How did you find them? Do they wear the pads out much quicker? Do they provide better braking?

In addition, anyone got a definitive answer on the age old question of do the grooves go clockwise or anti clockwise too as I seem to remember seeing some differences of opinion on this topic in the past?! LOL

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Grooved/dimpled - Same Brakes As Lexus?

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm

I think its not the direction of the grooves but the direction of the veins inside the disc, the bit between the 2 faces of the disc or the "vent" part of it. When stuff is for cooling it's always designed to throw air out rather than pull air in so that as it spins it doesn't suck air into the disc if that makes sense? You want to get hot air out, not cold air in otherwise it just sits there and gets hotter.

Pretty sure lex discs fit the tezza, read about it on a forum somewhere that someone did an IS300 disc swap on the tezza. Just dont go too big or you will need bigger wheels!

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: Grooved/dimpled - Same Brakes As Lexus?

Postby banan1984 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:39 pm

These are recommended by xxxNickxxx

Pads: ZNOELLI SP500
Discs: ZNOELLI SPORTS S6 SLOTTED DISCS
D700 / RS200

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”