Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Ride Height

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Ride Height

Postby Protok » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:48 pm

I have a quick question for everybody.

How low is the standard Altezza?
Mine seems to hit speedbumps (the ones that are split into 2) and it is getting annoying and tedious. It especially does it if there is weight in the rear, we aren't talking anything particularly heavy; my missus of 8stone seems to make it worse.
Driving slowly on my own and it seems to just scrape or plain sailing but with people in the car or stuff in the boot; I seem to have a scrape in the middle or a nice clunk from the rear where there used to be a tow bar.

The car has a Legana bodykit on it which will scrape if you try straddle the bump, otherwise looking underneath it just seems like the scratches are in the middle on the plastic covers or on the tow bar attachment.

Does the above mean mine has lowering springs?
Or do all Altezza's hit on speedbumps?

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Re: Ride Height

Postby wullie_trd » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 pm

I would presume lowered mate! I've got mine at standard height just now with legana kit and never scraped any bumps. But I do slow down to bout 15 - 20MPH. Also that's with me the missus, 2 kids and a buggy in the car.

I take it you mean the bumps that look like pyramid sorta shape? Can you not go between the two of them? If its a bump right across the road try going over at a 45 degree angle to the bump.

Have you had a look at the springs? Any pics?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 am

mines lowered and have same speed bumps, never had it rub not even with full car load, although there is one everyone rubs on so if anyones in the car they get booted out so can get over it :lol:

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Protok » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

wullie_trd wrote:I would presume lowered mate! I've got mine at standard height just now with legana kit and never scraped any bumps. But I do slow down to bout 15 - 20MPH. Also that's with me the missus, 2 kids and a buggy in the car.

As I suspected.
Any chance I could bother you to measure your heights?
Front lip, side skirts, wheel arches are what's normally measured I believe.

wullie_trd wrote:I take it you mean the bumps that look like pyramid sorta shape? Can you not go between the two of them? If its a bump right across the road try going over at a 45 degree angle to the bump.

Yeah the pyramid ones, the ones across the road aren't much of a problem unless the boot is completely full.

wullie_trd wrote:Have you had a look at the springs? Any pics?

I've had a look and they look like generic black ones but both TRD and TOM's are black and the ones I've had before (on different cars) didn't even have markings on them.

mike_01 wrote:mines lowered and have same speed bumps, never had it rub not even with full car load, although there is one everyone rubs on so if anyones in the car they get booted out so can get over it :lol:

I drive an MR2 that is lowered 60mm on coilovers and it never scrapes, never rubbed on anything so I have been trying to figure out for a while why the Altezza does.

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Ill get some measurements for you tomorrow mate :wink:

Might sound like a silly question but I take it there's nothing hanging down on underside?

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Protok » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 am

wullie_trd wrote:Ill get some measurements for you tomorrow mate :wink:

Cheers dude, no rush. I understand the snow is stopping everyone from even doing anything.

wullie_trd wrote:Might sound like a silly question but I take it there's nothing hanging down on underside?

Lowest part of the car seem to be the Cats but the scrapes on the undertrays I saw were further back.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 am

mines around 130mm to bottom of my front bumper if thats any help

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”