Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Tein springs

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
DBX
Trc Off

Tein springs

Postby DBX » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Is been playing on my mind for sometime, I got eibach springs -30mm f/r, as im led to believe ! the back is slightly higher than front, same as my old corolla t sport and mazda 323f also eibach, still happy with them ! then the Tein s tech springs -23mm rear and -30/35mm front, so logic is the height difference be more noticeable but looking at some pics it isn't, the tein springs seems equally lowered ! anyone notice something like this ? would this be the case that the eibach isnt lowered much as 30mm as im led to believe ?veryconfused.com here !! I didn't get Tein as I was told there was some problems/complaints at time and I had eibachs for a good deal few years back and past experience !

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Tein springs

Postby mike_01 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 am

You on about the arch to tyre gap or the actual sill to ground gap?
mine is lower at the back but the car sit's level and there trd springs
you might find you got the is200 springs which the front would be slightly higher due to engine weight and also has a higher spring rate than the rear again due to engine weight, so with the 6 cylinder engine car would be level but having a lighter 4 cyl engine the front would be higher

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:49 pm

All of the good quality springs sit higher at the back so that the car doesnt rub with a full boot and passengers. Ive had the tein s tech and and tanabe gf210 and although the tanabe sit lower it is still higher at the back.
If you buy some of the lesser makes that lower equally it will sit lower at the back, but you will rub aswell.
IF your after a specific drop get coilovers or good quality shocks and coilover sleeves.

DBX
Trc Off

Postby DBX » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks for info, yes Im on about the arch to tyre gap, its a little more visibly noticeable don't look bad and I can live with it, I had done for couple of years so far ! This dont seem the case on Tein despite claiming it lowers -23mm that's less than what eibach claims (-30mm) and pics I seen of tein springs is on IS200 6cyl not Altezza, this is 3rd car I had eibach fitted so next time I like to try out different springs maybe coil overs maybe....but it be when I change cars in less than 2 years time !

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”