Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Hydraulic Handbrake & drifting!

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Hydraulic Handbrake & drifting!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:25 am

daveo your wrong.

im s@3! at drifting because i haven`t got the balls to carry speed into a corner.
i still know that using the wand to initiate isn`t the right way to do it, especially in a stock altezza that needs the initial weight transfer and momentum to keep the slide going.

i have just been out for a little play on some wet roads and i don`t think i touched the handbrake in the first half of a skid, i just used a little yank or two to eek out a few more feet of sideways.

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 am

here is a video of how an altezza needs to be driven.
1.6 ae86
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjaxez9OIX8

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 am

twiglett-RS200 wrote:daveo your wrong.

im s@3! at drifting because i haven`t got the balls to carry speed into a corner.
i still know that using the wand to initiate isn`t the right way to do it, especially in a stock altezza that needs the initial weight transfer and momentum to keep the slide going.

i have just been out for a little play on some wet roads and i don`t think i touched the handbrake in the first half of a skid, i just used a little yank or two to eek out a few more feet of sideways.

rite a quick question. how do you get around a hair pen?????? wet or not wet......you use a handbreak to initiate. speed isnt the answer as your going to crash. yea ?? im not saying and i think im being picked up wrong here but you do need a handbreak the majority of the time. upping your speed isnt going to sort your initiation for you a lot of the time. how about a short stretch of interlinking where you cant pick up speed .....have you tried that?? a narrow track again how do you manage that without a wide drift?? again you are going to go off track with speed. i can understand your out in the wet and dont use the handbreak sher you have no problem initiating in the wet all you have to do is flick and sink the boot , dont even have to clutch a lot iof the time. you say " i just used a little yank or 2 to eek out a few more feet of sideways" in the wet???? why ??

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 am

This argument is pointless and should be drawn to a close..

Daveo, if you want to use your wand all the time, go for it.. But it's the wrong way to learn and you'll struggle to drift properly... One day, you'll understand.

GordonRS200
Trc Off

Postby GordonRS200 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:36 pm

NinjaPower wrote:This argument is pointless and should be drawn to a close..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

Done.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”