Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Correct Geometry settings

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Correct Geometry settings

Postby ESXTEZZ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:52 pm

These are the settings used by one of the best and most trusted allignment companies in the Uk.
Tried and tested by a lot of Altezza and Is200 owners and they work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These are my adjusted setting which myself and Skidmarques spent a lot of time doing. NON DRIFT
This is a pure traction setup for hard road driving and track driving which will still give reasonable tyre life. Its a bit more hardcore than the above.

Front

Camber -1 deg
Toe 0.05
caster 6.7

Rear

camber -2 deg
Toe 0.05

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Re: Correct Geometry settings

Postby Lewis Altezza » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Question I have just replaced my rear hub bushes with the NZ ones and also done the other rear hub bush with a trd one so want to get the alignment done, our hunter machine at work is not great but if I give these camber caster settings to someone reputable it should be fine right I.e no need for adjustable camber arms or top mounts ? And do you reckon it's worth m using these settings on my stock ish motor apart from induction and extractors (only mods)

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

Mate the place I use is only in Brentwood, its called Skidmarques. Give them a call and speak with Grahame who did my setup with me. If you need the number il put in this post.

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Postby Lewis Altezza » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah If you could post a direct number to him, thanks, an yeah Brentwood is very close so it's ideal I will def be in touch with him next month...

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:42 pm

just if lads want to have a drift setup

front

-4to -6 camber
+2 toe

rear

0 to +.5 camber

-2 toe

suspension hard in front soft in back this is a good starting point then adjust as you feel it needs to
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 am

Sorry but wouldn't it be medium - hard in rear and medium - soft in front otherwise being too stiff you'll start sliding and loose grip and bouncing down the track especially on the front end making for a messy run
bad enough on the road having a car too stiff

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

This is skidmarques web add with their details http://www.skidmarquesltd.com/ 01277 210414

Uwan
Noob!

Postby Uwan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 am

Does the original poster or anyone else have anything to add as far as ride height?

SM_Is200_Sport
Noob!

Postby SM_Is200_Sport » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 am

Is that set up for a lowered car? Mines down about 80mm over standard at the front and around 60mm at the rear. Would it be possible to achieve this set up being that low?

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm

When drifting I run what babyeater said works nicely.
My car is slammed and can't adjust any more rear camber -0.5 is the limit for me. But in the winter and track/ fast road run specs in sticky thread on here

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:55 pm

My car is lowered approx 60/70 mm, i have front adjustable upper camber arms, adjustable rear toe arms.
We adjusted an is200 with just tein s-tech springs lowerd 30mm to the same settings a few weeks ago.

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 pm

the setup i put up is what i run in my drift car its perfect for me and alot of other people but everyone to there own but its a very good starting point for drifting and you can alway fine tune as you need it

if the rear in harder than the front youl find one of the rear wheels lifting in the corners like alot of short wheelbase timeatack cars if this happens while drifting your defo hitting a wall

as for ride hight it make no difference as long as you have adjustable arms only thing that limits you is the wheels hitting things like arches so on
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

if you have all the fancy arms then just set it to manufactures spec.
if ur to low then certain adjustments wont get close, then its compromise a bit of camber instead of handling in the bends

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

I see some people have adjustable rear arms. I am currently thinking of getting some as I want to get the camber as close to -0.5 as I can. The thing that is stopping me is that the toe goes way out if you try to do that.

I know megan racing do adjustable toe arms, but they also to adjustable track rods. Do these go hand in hand? Or can you get the desired toe settings by only using the toe arms?

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 am

Really what the Tezza needs is not fancy expensive arms its solid rear subframe bush that would higher the subframe, and give a little positive camber.
If u adjust your rear to the maximum positive you should have ok rear tyre wear,
You coming to pembrey I can show you

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”