Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Help with Damper adjustment knob

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
i2ex
Noob!

Re: Help with Damper adjustment knob

Postby i2ex » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm

both front are the same, cannot be stop,
I didn't check the rear yet, coz I haven't remove those trunk lining ><, maybe I should ask some local mechanics this week ~.~

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:31 pm

a mechanic unless knows about those dampers wouldn't be much use, could get them stripped as far as possible might shed some light, get the back off first and check takes 5min to remove

i2ex
Noob!

Postby i2ex » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm

afff, been busy at work (almost 2 months :? ) , finally got this sort out today,
I've been searching the web for the last two days, and found out those are tokico shocks rebadged :D
And that knob can be adjust either way, it doesn't really matter how much time u turn it, as long as they point to the dial number.
As for the red plastic part( which have number 1 to 5 on it), it moves around because it's loose, I suppose the previous owner have it remove the wrong way thus make it loose =\,
it's easy to pop out using a tiny flat head screw driver, then u'll see there's another small metal dial below it( which is the actual knob). So if anyone wanna check the actual dial, just pop that red plastic off.
And for the rear, they look tight and new :D
I've tested 5 front and 5 rear, which is very bouncy here -_-''
Now I'm using 1 for both front and rear, XD
it was 2 front and 3 rear before,
the ride is actually better now because the road is quite rough, gotta try setting on 2 after a few days to see if it suits my driving style~ ^^

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 am

Glad you got it sorted, I've got mine on 2 all round seems best comfort and handling, although I will have to have a play now I got trd roll bars on

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”