Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Help with Brake discs and Calipers

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Help with Brake discs and Calipers

Postby lex looter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi folks, can anyone with knowledge tell me if 98 and99 discs and calipers are the same on the altezza. I bought a second had set and it seems the set I have, have a lip that sticks out from the part that resembles a hub but the pair I bought second hand are smooth. Also when putting on the calipers, where the two bolts go top and bottom they seem they be a few fractions of a mil out but enough not to get it to sit into place. This is the first time that I have went to change them it came into the country, any help appreciated. Is there a difference between automatic and manual models, years of models etc or might the one that I have on be aftermarket one but I see no markings to suggest that they are.
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

donut46
Meath Rep

Re: Help with Brake discs and Calipers

Postby donut46 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

The old disc are just worn so that's why the lip is on them, the second hand set are probably not as worn that's why it doesn't have the lip on it without seeing it but I'd say that's all that happened.
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 am

No it's not that, ill post a picture of the difference between the two later maybe someone can tell me what the score is with them then.
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm

The year doesn't matter, but some Altezzas (Certain spec AS200s) come with single pot calipers on the front so may have different discs.

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”