Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
User avatar
poTTa
Altezza Guru
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Barbados

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby poTTa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 pm

all i have to say about this mod....To each its own!
2004 RS200 Z

Image

User avatar
sprinter2012
Trc Off
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby sprinter2012 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 pm

martinb7793 wrote:haha funny man do we have to go there about childish remarks

by the way sugar should say s.h.i.t.e


I fail to see how they look s.h.i.t.e.? I've just fitted something which looks OEM but is slightly bigger, and you think that looks s.h.i.t.e.?

So by that same logic, your spoiler which is like OEM but a bit bigger, is also s.h.i.t.e.?
IS200 Sport : F & R Tints : 6000K HIDs All Round : LED Side & Reverse : SMD Dash

18" Aero Wheels : TTE Rear Lip : Black Calipers w/White Decals

: Smoked indicators : Cusco Strut Brace : Bonnet Lifters : Legana Bumper : TRD Skirts

Image

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby Damok » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm

PLAY NICE LAD'S


Thank you.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
wullie_trd
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby wullie_trd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:26 pm

If it had been me, I personally would have got a set of grooved/drilled supra discs and think it would look mint!

Defiantly looks better with the bigger discs in there, but I don't think I could justify the price of the brackets.
Image

User avatar
beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Galway

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby beamsteza » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Damok wrote:PLAY NICE LAD'S


Thank you.


No bother damok

User avatar
beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Galway

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby beamsteza » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

sprinter2012 wrote:
martinb7793 wrote:haha funny man do we have to go there about childish remarks

by the way sugar should say s.h.i.t.e
ii

I fail to see how they look s.h.i.t.e.? I've just fitted something which looks OEM but is slightly bigger, and you think that looks s.h.i.t.e.?

So by that same logic, your spoiler which is like OEM but a bit bigger, is also s.h.i.t.e.?


What i mean is for the money you spent on them they don't look good

User avatar
poTTa
Altezza Guru
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Barbados

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby poTTa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 am

:roll:
look there is some merit in this...
Now that you have a bigger disc u have moved the caliper out which in turn increased the lever arm...
Therefore...there is an increase in braking power...which can be calculated for those who want to know the exact amount of gain...
It also will look better as it flushes out the inner rim more...
I can say that the cost of the bracket is questionable...
But...but...this is the guys $ and this is how he chose to spend it...
In the end it is still a good mod...unique...there's a gain...and he appreciates it...

i never question a mans choices...

Image
2004 RS200 Z

Image

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby Lewis Altezza » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am

The gain is minimal the physical braking force is the same as the pad size has not increased nor has size or amount of pistons within calipers, for a few more hundred could of had a complete 6 pot kit, another thing is now the calipers are further out the disc is going to wear uneven as 20 percent of the inner part of the disc has no pad contact, IMO it will look poor after a year of driving .... But each to there own...

User avatar
ISred02
Altezza Guru
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:10 am
Location: Laois

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby ISred02 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm

poTTa wrote::roll:
look there is some merit in this...
Now that you have a bigger disc u have moved the caliper out which in turn increased the lever arm...
Therefore...there is an increase in braking power...which can be calculated for those who want to know the exact amount of gain...
It also will look better as it flushes out the inner rim more...
I can say that the cost of the bracket is questionable...
But...but...this is the guys $ and this is how he chose to spend it...
In the end it is still a good mod...unique...there's a gain...and he appreciates it...

i never question a mans choices...

Image


x2
He's tried something abit different which is what modding is all about,just let it be. Fook sake lads,we ain't in kindergarden.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

User avatar
sprinter2012
Trc Off
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Figs Engineering: Supra Disc Upgrade

Postby sprinter2012 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks to the guys who actually bother to do the maths, and understand what I've said. And also that you can see I haven't done this to be a racecar, I've done it to be different. No fun in being a sheep and just doing what everyone else does. :)

Lewis Altezza wrote:The gain is minimal the physical braking force is the same as the pad size has not increased nor has size or amount of pistons within calipers, for a few more hundred could of had a complete 6 pot kit, another thing is now the calipers are further out the disc is going to wear uneven as 20 percent of the inner part of the disc has no pad contact, IMO it will look poor after a year of driving .... But each to there own...


But I give up on people like you, we've been through this over and over again in this thread, the physical braking force does increase due to the increase in the distance from the centre of the hub. I think what you mean is that the pad pressure doesn't change, which would be correct.

Here's the chart I made to explain it in a more simple manner...

Image
IS200 Sport : F & R Tints : 6000K HIDs All Round : LED Side & Reverse : SMD Dash

18" Aero Wheels : TTE Rear Lip : Black Calipers w/White Decals

: Smoked indicators : Cusco Strut Brace : Bonnet Lifters : Legana Bumper : TRD Skirts

Image


Return to “Brakes and Suspension”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron